My 2022 garden grow

Stuart96

So here we go again. The last three or four years have not been that that successful growing here in my back garden in Sussex UK. In the ground or in a pot my girls always do really well until they start to put on significant bud weight and then the dreaded rot strikes. Like most other UK garden growers, in most years, I loose a lot of the crop to rot but usually manage to keep enough to make it worth the effort. Last year however was the worst year ever and I lost the whole crop to rot.

I thought I wasn't going to bother again but decided to give it another go. So this year I am going to grow just two Gorilla Glue autos in pots. I suspect the vector for rot is the early morning dew which you get even in mid summer so these girls are going to go indoors every night once they start flowering, with her indoors agreement (unlikely), or in the shed.

These girls are now 10 days old and I will repot them into their final pots once the roots ball can hold the soil together for transplant.

large.18-05-2022a.jpg

• Like 9
23 minutes ago, Stuart96 said:

or in the shed.

they will definitely rot in there without decent air circulation and close checks on humidity

• Like 3

Good luck man what breeder is your gorrila glue from I run gorrila glue last year from urban legends was a beautiful plant dident really like the piney taste from it tho I run autos every year in garden usually get a bit of rot when it's last 3 week just nip the rot out if u have to remove most of the affected area so be it worth saving the plant I'm running a Durban dew which is not an auto in the garden this year worried this will suffer with rot late on but hey ho will follow along man keep uploading pics man :skin_up:

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

they will definitely rot in there without decent air circulation and close checks on humidity

Yes that's right but will just keep them in there overnight.

1 hour ago, Ccs141 said:

Good luck man what breeder is your gorrila glue from I run gorrila glue last year from urban legends was a beautiful plant dident really like the piney taste from it tho I run autos every year in garden usually get a bit of rot when it's last 3 week just nip the rot out if u have to remove most of the affected area so be it worth saving the plant I'm running a Durban dew which is not an auto in the garden this year worried this will suffer with rot late on but hey ho will follow along man keep uploading pics man :skin_up:

Sorry can't remember where I got them from - so pissed off after last years disaster I never ordered any seeds. So these girls are from the fridge stashed with a few others left over from previous years. I don't know but it just seems to me that rot gets worse every year. I mean if you grow in your garden in the UK then you are going to loose some of the crop to rot but it just seems to me that every year it just gets worse. Anyway I am going to hump these girls inside every night once they start budding because I suspect that the moisture that condenses onto the bud in the early hours might be the problem. I've tried just about everything else so might as well try that.

Actually I have had more luck with photos in the garden. Because they grow into absolute monsters here and even though they crop late and I lose a lot to Mr Mold I usually still get a reasonable harvest - so well it's mostly worth doing.

Edited by Stuart96
thought of something else
  • Like 2
23 minutes ago, Stuart96 said:

Yes that's right but will just keep them in there overnight.

without air exchange?

• Like 2
On 19/05/2022 at 4:48 PM, Ccs141 said:

@Stuart96 what photoperoids have u had success with and fair enough every year is a learning curve :yinyang:

Recently good results with Jamaican Pearl photo planted in the ground in the garden growing into a large bush and looking at my records for 2020 grow year max 84 inches high. In 2019 it was Sugar Black Rose photo again grown in the ground in the garden max 82 inches high. These plants cropped October and by that time 90+ % of the crop lost to rot but saved enough to make it worth the effort.

• Like 2

Best of luck :yep: Just started off some GG4 autos myself. They're in a propagator for now but will be outside in pots soon, too. 

17 hours ago, Stuart96 said:

Recently good results with Jamaican Pearl photo planted in the ground in the garden growing into a large bush and looking at my records for 2020 grow year max 84 inches high. In 2019 it was Sugar Black Rose photo again grown in the ground in the garden max 82 inches high. These plants cropped October and by that time 90+ % of the crop lost to rot but saved enough to make it worth the effort.

Try a fast version or semi auto rgsc do some goodens 

On 21/05/2022 at 7:49 PM, Gaijin said:

Best of luck :yep: Just started off some GG4 autos myself. They're in a propagator for now but will be outside in pots soon, too. 

Good luck with your GG's in pots in the garden. I've grown GG auto in the past but only in the ground not in pots. I usually use 6 gallon pots for autos but these girls are now in 3 gallon pots because I need to be able to hump them around. They spent 16 days on a south facing window sill before moving into their forever home. Hoping for a seriously good season here or I probably won't bother again.

• Like 2
On 18/05/2022 at 10:14 PM, ratdog said:

without air exchange?

Point taken. Probably not a good idea then. Thanks for the heads up. Will try to come up with something else.

• Like 2
On 31/05/2022 at 7:44 PM, Ccs141 said:

Any update @Stuart96

So yes seems to be going fine. Repotted the girls into 3 gallon pots. In the garden all day. 

large.02-06-2022.jpg

• Like 5