Where's Everyone Else?

Pepe Ramon

When this competition was announced, loads of members said they wanted to take part and have free seeds but we only have a handful of competition diaries. :hippy:

• Like 3

No room in my tents, to do any comps at the moment. Looking forward to joining in sometime in the future.

• Like 3

This is kinda why I didn't sign up...

love a bit of outdoor shenanigans but invariably life finds a way of stealing my time , my GG plot is proper secure with a water source too , but it's a 3 mile walk , these days I do that each way to and from work on the daily so basically I'm too bloody knackered to go gg'ing :thumbdown:

Shame as my last run at the site saw "indoor" genetics going 7ft tall by 6ft wide with NO watering from me (water tables very high even in August and the soils alluvial) 

Maybe the GG God will allow bilge time next year 

:yinyang:

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Arbre Medicinal said:

@Groking_It's an outdoor competition dude. 

Ah, OK. Didn't see that. Inner city top floor flat here mate. No, chance of outdoor growing. Cheers anyway.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BilgePump said:

This is kinda why I didn't sign up...love a bit of outdoor shenanigans but invariably life finds a way of stealing my time , my GG plot is proper secure with a water source too , but it's a 3 mile walk , these days I do that each way to and from work on the daily so basically I'm too bloody knackered to go gg'ing :thumbdown:

Decent plot like that, you should get it up on airbnb :yep: And you only need one client per season. It's a win win for everyone lollollol 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BilgePump said:

This is kinda why I didn't sign up...

love a bit of outdoor shenanigans but invariably life finds a way of stealing my time , my GG plot is proper secure with a water source too , but it's a 3 mile walk , these days I do that each way to and from work on the daily so basically I'm too bloody knackered to go gg'ing :thumbdown:

Shame as my last run at the site saw "indoor" genetics going 7ft tall by 6ft wide with NO watering from me (water tables very high even in August and the soils alluvial) 

Maybe the GG God will allow bilge time next year 

So it's too much trouble to walk six miles,to plant a couple of plants,that can be left to fend for themselves,and then another six miles to go harvest them..........? Have a word..... 

"Time is a created thing,to say I don't have time,it's like saying I don't want to ".            Lao Tzu

Just to be clear....I was trying to give you a gentle nudge...,none of us know if we'll have a next year

Edited by Mr mcgregor
Clarity
  • Like 3

@Mr mcgregor not being a dick or anything but that's just a brief overview , obviously there are a myriad of other factors at play that eat into my time , you won't see me shouting about the fact my Mrs is really quite disabled here but she is and that means I need to allocate my time very wisely , trying to renovate a house too.

Also I'm not into just abandoning plants I like to be able to pop in and check so the fact I'm unsure as to whether I'd be able to get regular visits in has also forced my hand this season somewhat 

• Like 7

well i was gonna do one but my knees are totally fuckarood now and i cant even dig my own garden. i had my 10 yr oldlad helping and my knees were fucked for a week, on codeine phosphate and diclophenic for a fortnight afterwards.

i did have high hopes i could do one, but its just not possible....the joys of getting old.......FML

• Like 5

I think some of you have taken what I said the wrong way. When the competition was announced, loads of people were on the thread asking for free seeds, I'm just wondering where they all went. 

• Like 4

Weed must be real cheap and easy to come by for some, it appears.................. considering the rising energy prices you'd think people would be more inclined to go alfresco,especially with a dream spot so close by...............

• Like 3

My spots full of fuckin ticks too , in '18 I had two separate Lyme's tests , upwards of a dozen ticks per visit, so as much as it's a good spot it's not exactly a dream. 

Incidentally my energy bills haven't gone up , I was paying off a massive debt due to not getting furloughed at work so I've managed to completely absorb the hit meaning I can keep the perpetual indoor going :george:

• Like 2

@Mr mcgregor It is pretty easy to come by when you grow indoors and although the prices have gone up it still works out cheap compared to buying it. Saying that I haven't put my numbers in for this month yet, I'm dreading it tbf :fear:

• Like 4