Extraction for drying

Puffdiddy

Does is matter where in the tent the filter and fan can go ? 
was wondering if I can just stand it up on the floor and vent right up out the top or if I have to hang it high and vent out the side ? 
makes no difference to me - just want to dry safely - tent is 1.5x1.5 

Fan is a 6” EC FLO with 600x250 carboair filter 

many thanks mand sorry for all the questions ! If you need any advice to do with perimeter security, auto gates , cctv let me know - that’s my strong suit 

• Like 1

If you're just drying I'm there then it doesn't really matter where the fan and filter are. As long as you're getting negative pressure you won't have any smells leaking out. 

• Like 3

What he said above, but if you can get that fan turned right down to slow down the drying, especially as it warms up, it will help to dry slowly over about 14 days. 

It would be a real shame after 10 weeks of flower to ruin your crop by drying it too quickly

• Like 4

Thanks peeps 

I’m going to struggle to slow the heat down… I’ve had another day where flower tent is hitting 30 - seems the dehumidifier is pumping out nuff heat - I’m having to have a rethink on cooling on these wild summer days … I’ve got a portable air con unit but the thing is like a zillion giga watts - one thing after another in this game - just when I thought I had it nailed the bloody sun comes out and the humidity sky rockets … 

thanks for the fan advice - I’m going to put it up high and hope if the tent does get hot the fan will work to extract the hottest air first - it’s EC so I can dial it right down and it’s a good home box tent so fingers crossed she won’t spill da beans 

@Puffdiddy I run my flower tent at night in the Summer, easier  to keep the temps down.  The carbon filter will work any place you put it in your tent, placed on the floor or hung from the top of the tent.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bad Apple said:

@Puffdiddy I run my flower tent at night in the Summer, easier  to keep the temps down.  The carbon filter will work any place you put it in your tent, placed on the floor or hung from the top of the tent.

You know… I honestly needed to hear that, it hadn’t crossed my mind - I just didn’t think it would be relevant to us here in the uk. 

• Like 2

@Puffdiddy you'll find a lot of us hid dinosaurs have to run at night during summer , my house has 2ft thick stone walls but still I struggle with temps in an unheated bedroom.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

My plants are almost ready to chop and I plan on hanging the whole plants at the top of my grow tent, under the filter and extraction, with my lights right down at the bottom to germinate my next lot of seeds. Like I do every time. May not be the best way to dry them, but it works for me lol

• Like 5

@Boojum

I like “what works for me” advice 

I get to listen and try or not then find my groove - so I really appreciate you chipping in bud. 

@BilgePump

can’t imagine what the heat must be like if my leds are 40/50% cooler - I know the ladies wouldn’t be the only ones stressing though. 
Am I right in thinking to reset my light cycles I can just keep them on for longer tomorrow and then set my 12 for tomorrow night ? It’s the uninterrupted darkness that’s critical right ? Or did I make that up ? Also just seen that an 8 legged energy company has a cheaper tarrif from 12:30 - 4:30 so that would also be a rather good idea I completely missed for the last 3 months 

• Like 1

Just now, Puffdiddy said:

@Boojum

I like “what works for me” advice 

I get to listen and try or not then find my groove - so I really appreciate you chipping in bud. 

I'm still using 300w CFLs cos that's the kit I've got lol

But it's all about what works :)

That's the great thing about this growing lark, there's no right or wrong, just what works for you :)

E2A My weed ant gonna win any awards but I've grown more than enough to last me until my next grow is finished and it's better than the dealer weed I smoked with a mate last week lollollol

Edited by Boojum

Ain’t the leccy cheaper running it through the nite, I’ve always done it this way tho.

• Like 1