Can anyone identify this fungus in my compost?

Crow River

Juggling is ace when you're proper stoned lol

Even better on shrooms (I learned to juggle on shrooms lol just 3 balls, Ozric Tentacles on the stereo and utterly off my tits, when morning came I could juggle lol )

Sorry, I digress. But juggling on psychedelics is ace, you get in a kinda trance that is just so fucking good :Dlol

• Like 6

@Boojum7 balls is fucking good dude!!

I never could crack more than 3.

I like spinning a big fuck off fire staff when i'm off my tits on Mandy and shrooms. I feel like a fire ninja.

Just stay out of way or you might get accidently whacked and burnt :furious:

lol

• Like 1

Just now, the lone deranger said:

@Boojum7 balls is fucking good dude!!

I never could crack more than 3.

I like spinning a big fuck off fire staff when i'm off my tits on Mandy and shrooms. I feel like a fire ninja.

Just stay out of way or you might get accidently whacked and burnt :furious:

lol

I've still got burn marks on the palm of my hands cos some dickhead gave me a set of fire juggling balls he'd soaked in petrol instead of parrafin :ouch:

• Like 2

@Crow River what compost are you using? 

I've noticed at work with the advent of the peat free revolution we are getting more and more saprotrophic fungi (decomposers) appearing in plants from numerous sources , it's absolutely a symptom of the wood fibre manufacturers are bulking up mixes with.

:yinyang:

• Like 3

Just now, BilgePump said:

@Crow River what compost are you using? 

I've noticed at work with the advent of the peat free revolution we are getting more and more saprotrophic fungi (decomposers) appearing in plants from numerous sources , it's absolutely a symptom of the wood fibre manufacturers are bulking up mixes with.

Westlands MPC with added John Innes. 8 parts that, 1 part each of perlite and vermiculite. I've not had this problem before, but when I pot up the fibre pots get buried in the soil and are subject to decomposition. This is likely what fed the mycelia to start with.

• Like 1

I've never had any good results with any John Inness compost. It always sets like concrete unless you water it really gently and I can't be bothered lol

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 1

Just now, Boojum said:

I've never had any good results with any John Inness compost. It always sets like concrete unless you water it really gently and I can't be bothered lol

I don't know exactly how much John Innes is in there, but the plants seemed to be happy in the last grow using this mix. So sticking with it for the time being... :) 

• Like 1

Not all ji mixes are equal , the Westland and levingtons ones compact and set like concrete for a pastime whereas the Bord Na Mona growise John Innes retains its friability much more readily. 

J.i has its uses but I wouldn't ever use it for fast growing veg or "cash" crops , it's more suited to perennials and things in pots or beds as it's more of a soil rather than a compost, I use j.i #3 for indoor palms and things like mother in-laws tongue with good results.

Mtp with added John Innes ain't so bad though , probably quite good for long flowering equatorial sativas

Edited by BilgePump
ETA more
  • Like 3

Just now, Crow River said:

I don't know exactly how much John Innes is in there, but the plants seemed to be happy in the last grow using this mix. So sticking with it for the time being... :) 

Jusy keep in mind that you have to water it with a very fine rose head, for a light sprinkile of water, Anything more and it really does set like concrete, and that means the roots can's grow through it. There are much better mixes (shit, I use bog standard seedling compost until they establish themselves then cheapo Durston's Multi Purpose compost from the local hardware shop lol feed with Biobizz grow cos I've still got a massive bottle of it, it's about 3 years old but it still smells OK, a bit like Marmite lol did I mention that I'm a really crap grower ? lol )

• Like 1

I wish they sold nutes in small bottles, cos I really don't grow enough to use a whole litre before it goes a bit iffy lol

• Like 1

@BilgePump, prior to the last grow I was just using cheap supermarket compost for my mix. The MPC with JI seems to be better, I'm not finding it particularly heavy going. However I'm using classic Blumats for the main water supply once the plants are in final pots, only hand watering occasionally to moisten the top layer until feed regime kicks in at the start of flower. Had excellent root development in my last grow so until I come across something better, I'm sticking with it. Was actually a recommendation read on these boards that encouraged me to try it.

@Boojum, my use of Blumats (just the classic ones, not a dripper system) in final pots means soil never completely dries out, so maybe that makes a difference? Imagine it would be a different story with just hand watering to runoff and wet/dry cycles.

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 1

@Boojum don't knock the Durstons , our bedding plant supplier uses it exclusively and their trailing lobelia are stonking! 

Richmoors from Morrisons however is a massive bag o wank 

• Like 3