Any hashes you can make straight from the plant

Jnz

I'll be doing an outdoor grown again and will most likely come across the same issue again this year when it comes to drying so is there anyway you can hash plants with out having to dry possibly doing it on site 

• Like 1

You can do it the moroccan way, just rub both your hands up the buds and then rub your hands together when they are covered in resin.

You can also do live resin ice water extraction, you'll need buckets and bubble bags.

You could do BHO but that would be expensive depending on your crop size.

• Like 5

Just now, Exhale said:

You can do it the moroccan way, just rub both your hands up the buds and then rub your hands together when they are covered in resin.

Trip to Amsterdam many moons ago, I got to try Charas (my one and only time, for the proper stuff)

The most flavorsome hash I've ever had. It was beautiful.

Never had a go myself, but it's on the bucket list!

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Jnz said:

with out having to dry

if you can freeze it in batches you can use bubble bags with ice, i never freeze mine

• Like 3

Guest Default Attribute

Unless you can freeze and make bubble theres not much you can do without drying it 

2 hours ago, Exhale said:

You can do it the moroccan way,

I think you'll find that's the indian/nepalese way :)

• Like 6

Just now, Default Attribute said:

Unless you can freeze and make bubble theres not much you can do without drying it 

You don't need to freeze to make bubble, in fact many experts recommend not freezing the trim

• Like 1

@Jnz what issues do you have with drying?  No space for a tent and filter? 

Of course you could hash the whole lot, but it will be a fair amount of work easily as much as trimming and drying, there's plenty of options for drying, even doing so outdoors.  

Or if you want to get super fancy... 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, monkeypig said:

I think you'll find that's the indian/nepalese way :)

They do rub in morocco too as well as dry sift :yep:

• Like 1

Has anybody ever tried freeze drying?

When i was making some dry ice hash i saved all the buds and trim from the run and kept it in my freezer.

After running out of my normal smoke i decided to try and smoke it, and you know what, crumbled almost into a powder but it smoked beautifully.

Wasn't "wet" like fresh bud.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Thai Stick said:

dry ice hash

This could be done on site. 

Get a co2 tank. A dry ice maker attachment. There’s a few different versions, reckon the one that look like a sock would work best in this case. 
fill the sock with bud, then blast the bud and fill bag with dry ice.

then empty into some bubble bags and filter. 
no water, no mess. 

(I’ve never done it, but there’s guides here. If you do it it on site log it for all, would be interesting how it goes) 

Edited by B0bbyBuds
  • Like 2

Live Resin is extracted from fresh frozen material using LPG below -50C and is both one of my favorites, as well as the one getting the highest marks from our student test panels.  The word most used by panel members to describe the taste of Live Resin was, "fresh".

As we speak, I am currently vaporizing Sour Diesel Live Resin, mixed with THC-A isolate for both flavor and effects.

Edited by Graywolf
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Graywolf said:

Live Resin is extracted from fresh frozen material using LPG below -50C

Live resin can also be made with fresh buds/trim, unfrozen  by doing Ice water extraction. 

I believe the key to live resin is fresh undried product.

• Like 1