My first canna-cake WOW!!!!!!!

Saxguy

I just have to tell someone…… Made a chocolate canna-cake about a week ago. My first attempt to make any edible. Did the whole canna-butter thing (water mix and float off the butter etc). Even whipped it up with a little guar gum and made it look like actual yellow butter. I was impressed!

Anyway, started on the journey to try and find a product that would help me with auto-immune pain/arthritis etc. Also to help me sleep (again a pain issue mainly).

For the past six nights I have had a slice of canna-cake about two hours before bedtime. Each and every night I have slept so soundly, like a baby. No getting up at 2am in pain or waking in the morning feeling like I’ve been mugged in my sleep! No night sweats, hypertension or chest pains….. In fact I find it hard to believe how good I’m feeling.

I would love to know what CBD & THC levels are in the unknown strain of cannabis I cooked up, but the guy who gave me a couple of plants (which I seeded out) doesn’t know their background. All I can say is that I did about an oz of bud to 1lb of clarified butter oil. Two nights ago, I took the cake after having maybe four stiff whiskeys. I also spread some canna-butter on the slice too which was a step too far I feel. I woke up once in the night for a piss, but I felt that baked I could hardly walk to the loo. I was still a little out of it the next day. Last night however, I still had my “one slice”, and spent a peaceful pain free night again.

To think that what I am doing is highly illegal where I live, well its just wrong of any ‘authority’ to prevent people from easing their pain by growing and consuming a plant, in any shape or form.

In less than one week I have come off codeine medication, my blood pressure feels mighty better, I feel calmer, less fatigued, more rested after sleep, less arthritic pain, no more “constant” pain from the auto-immune inflammatory condition I have had for years…..

That’s all really.

• Like 32

Edibles are pretty amazing aren't they. I'm glad you found something to ease your pains.

Just a thought but if you want lazy edibles you can just cook (decarb) some weed and eat it. I put mine into 000 capsules, one of those is plenty for me. 

• Like 9

@smilertoobest to decarb it first to release the full effect, check out decarb threads in edibles section, decarbing your weed open up so many more options for good self medication,  and finding the correct dosage for you is a fun journey, messy but fun 

:skin_up:

• Like 1

If yer really bloody lazy just bung some decarbed bud in a yoghurt and get at it :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 6

I'm not that lazy, and also I love chocolate cake ;-)

It wasnt hard to make, and I sliced it up and froze all the pieces. Take one out of the freezer each morning, and its defrosted and waiting for me in the fridge when I have my evening meal. Viola!  I think there was about 14 slices or more, so enough for a fortnight. Its worth an hour every couple of weeks to set myself up with a 'two-week' supply of yummy "sleep well" cake. Sure, yoghurt might be more healthy option, but then theres all that work peeling the lid off, mixing in the bud, washing the spoon afterwards etc..... whereas cake, open gob, throw in cake, enjoy... yum yum. lol

• Like 8

Hot chocolate is nice too. It dissolves pretty well in milk for anyone else who’s lazy. 

in-fact fuck, I’m gonna make one now. Tea spoon of weed in the milk. Bring the milk to the boil and squish it about then use a tea strainer to remove it. then make hot chocolate with it. Or put it in the fridge and make banana nesquick with it when it’s cool.

• Like 5

I like the best of both personally, vape the flavour hits and first half or so on low to mid temps, dump abv in pestle and mortar, grind a nice light golden colour abv for edibles and refill the vape. That way I can have my vaped canna and eat it :thumsup:

• Like 4

On 16/05/2022 at 1:06 AM, Whatwentwrong said:

Hot chocolate is nice too. It dissolves pretty well in milk for anyone else who’s lazy. 

in-fact fuck, I’m gonna make one now. Tea spoon of weed in the milk. Bring the milk to the boil and squish it about then use a tea strainer to remove it. then make hot chocolate with it. Or put it in the fridge and make banana nesquick with it when it’s cool.

How long to decarb/infuse in milk? 

I always decarbed in oven first because it seemed quicker 

Sounds like it did the job.

I love edibles  being mud up for a good few hours of a brownie cant beat it.

On 17/05/2022 at 2:03 PM, AnonyMice said:

How long to decarb/infuse in milk? 

I always decarbed in oven first because it seemed quicker 

:g:I dunno.

it helps you sleep, like knock out syrup. The effect maybe different if you decarb first but I’ve done it both ways and I found the effect the same. Full on weed coma. It’s only a very small amount of weed and I micro wave milk for 3 mins and it seems good. I stir it half way through but you can smell the change when it’s boiled.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

:g:I dunno.

it helps you sleep, like knock out syrup. The effect maybe different if you decarb first but I’ve done it both ways and I found the effect the same. Full on weed coma. It’s only a very small amount of weed and I micro wave milk for 3 mins and it seems good. I stir it half way through but you can smell the change when it’s boiled.

I’m all about cutting corners if they work. I normally just throw the decarbed weed in recipes as an ingredient, rather than straining and removing it. Adds to the flavour. Will have to try milk without decarbing first

Some of your guys answers are funny AF. lol  

Strange isn't it though, I'm not really bothered about feeling out of it or "mudded" did someone say (I've not heard that expression). Just want to sleep better and have less pain and inflammation. That said, I enjoyed a few high's in my younger days on "Red Leb" hash. ;-) 

So glad I found this forum, some great info here, and a whole load of laughs too.

• Like 5