How many times do you re-PH

tidyboy1981

Hi guys. 

The question is how many times DO you or CAN you keeping adjusting the PH? 

I’m running an IWS flood and drain. I’m filling the res to about 200lt adding my nutes to 1.3ec and PH down to 5.8. 
  After a couple of days the PH Rises into the 60s so I ph back down. Is this the right thing to do? Will the PH down affect the plant? Or would leaving the PH high have a worse effect? 

• Like 1

You can start from 5.5 then let it rise to 6.5, then re-pH back down again as a cycle. That will ensure the pH is optimal some of the time for each mineral. Trying to hold it at a single number will just do your head  in anyway.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, catweazle1 said:

@stu914 If you use RO water or very low ppm water according to AN, I think.

Mine is .3 from the tap and if I go to their max 4ml per ltr recommended I end up with 1.7 on the truncheon.

This works fine for my current system but a bit too hot for dwc or rdwc, probably nft as well...:yep:

• Like 1

Years ago I used aqua farms and left them for days on end and never really tested the EC or pH as the just ate the lot... I'd say keep it simple do the pH lower and wait maybe do half a Res to start with I'm waffling maybe that's what I need 

14 hours ago, catweazle1 said:

You can start from 5.5 then let it rise to 6.5, then re-pH back down again as a cycle. That will ensure the pH is optimal some of the time for each mineral. Trying to hold it at a single number will just do your head  in anyway.

Exactly, what he said..

• Like 2