Need help ASAP - Plants dying

Seawolf

Yea that doesn't sound enough water.

Apologies. I misread and thought you were feeling canna nutes.

11l pots once rooted should be taking 3-4 litres every 2-3 days.

The run of you see is probably water just pisssing out the bottom. 

Give them a litre or so. Let it soak in for half an hour and then repeat till she won't take any more/suck any more back up.

This will tell you how much it takes to saturate.

2l every 4 or 5 days is about 1/3rd of the water they should be drinking really 

• Like 10
Just now, blackpoolbouncer said:

Yea that doesn't sound enough water.

Apologies. I misread and thought you were feeling canna nutes.

11l pots once rooted should be taking 3-4 litres every 2-3 days.

The run of you see is probably water just pisssing out the bottom. 

Give them a litre or so. Let it soak in for half an hour and then repeat till she won't take any more/suck any more back up.

This will tell you how much it takes to saturate.

2l every 4 or 5 days is about 1/3rd of the water they should be drinking really 

That makes perfect sense... I got so carried away with the fear of overwatering i done the exact opposite, and as you said the water is just pissing out the bottom because soil is so dry it goes down the sides of the pot :unsure:

Ill give another 1L with 1ml of grow and see how they get on

You only need to add grow nutrient with the bloom if that particular nutrient says so like Biobizz for instance. I cant think of any others that do this

Owd

• Like 7

As usual bpb and owd are bang on the money, Underwatered, too cold both day & night, defo no need for calmag in hard water and as your using hard water, I will also assume your cal/mag ratios are out too.

Id also agree on saying your further than 3 weeks till harvest…5 at a minimum.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Owderb said:

You only need to add grow nutrient with the bloom if that particular nutrient says so like Biobizz for instance. I cant think of any others that do this

Owd

I've found that using the Intense Organix range that it's useful to taper the feeds. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Seawolf said:

I got so carried away with the fear of overwatering i done the exact opposite

If you fully saturate your pot till heavy then wait till it’s lite before fully saturating again you won’t overwater, follow a full wet to dry cycle and they will get back on track, get a feel for lifting your pots, when I can easily tilt my pots back, they are due  a watering  :yep:

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

My bad I thought he's in compo

So did I and I'm still not completely sure he isn't, so don't feel to bad.

Just now, Shumroom said:

I've found that using the Intense Organix range that it's useful to taper the feeds. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

Organix is probably quite similar to biobizz in its make up and as owd said biobizz does require a little grow throughout. 

From what little I know of the organic range o would say using grow nutes is advisable for the first few weeks of flower, at very least until stretch is complete. 

I've no experience with the canna range as have always held it in pretty low regards to be truthful. 

At first glance I was inclined to say cold and underfed but on reading further it does seem as though your under watering as well. 

I would increase your watering frequency and try to lift temps a cpl of degrees. I'm not to clued up on your specific nutrients but generally speaking you won't fix a deficiency by adding more at this stage of growth/flower and indeed may even compound the issue.  

So up temps, increase water/feed solution frequency and remove all damaged/effected growth as that's the only way you can see if things are improving going forward and also sickly/damaged leaves can be problematic in themselves..

Atb

• Like 3

to clear some confusion im just using the canna terra pro soil mix nothing added

I feel like I owe everyone a big thanks here as i watered the girls a further 1 litre with 1ml of grow and the plants sprung back to life!! Trimmed the dead leaves off but kept a few slightly yellow ones in hopes that they recover 

This is the RQS royal dwarf and according to them its ready for harvest after 9 weeks but ill go with what uk420 says and ill expect to harvest in 5 weeks time (i now wish i planted 3 different strains rather than 3 of the same) 

If anyone comes across the same problem it just seems to me that the plants were underwatered with a nitrogen and phosphorous deficiency - i didnt account for the fact the plant uses much more energy and is much bigger than the vegging stage 

If anyone could give me some advice on some questions i have - 1. Will they grow much more? 2. I dont PH my soil or water - should I? 3. when i start flushing them is this type of wilting to be expected?

Dont pick the leaves off, the plant is using them they wont recover but the plant is using the stored nutrients in the leaves which is why they're going yellow if you pick them off others will go instead.

Just now, inceywinceyspider said:

Dont pick the leaves off, the plant is using them they wont recover but the plant is using the stored nutrients in the leaves which is why they're going yellow if you pick them off others will go instead.

Not if he's feeding them properly they won't. 

And if they're yellow already they given all they had to give. 

2p

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

Not if he's feeding them properly they won't. 

And if they're yellow already they given all they had to give. 

2p

I agree with you, just sounds like he's picking them off a bit quicker, if the plants trying to recover it wants everything it can get from them.

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone actually said, but Your plant isn't dying...

Chill

I'd say the one at the back looks underwatererd. At this point you should be watering more frequently. For me, that is once every couple of days

Edited by DrGreenThumb24
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, DrGreenThumb24 said:

Not sure if anyone actually said, but Your plant isn't dying...

Chill

I'd say the one at the back looks underwatererd. At this point you should be watering more frequently. For me, that is once every couple of days

I thought it was... How long would it actually take for it to die?