Trimming machine

Baron von greenback

large.Screenshot_20220428-162707_Gallery.jpghas anyone used one of these or know anything about them i tried trimming my buds in it tried diffrent ways put more in putting less in moving blades up and down either i doing something wrong or this is fucking useless only thing i havent tried is changing blades which i seem to only find them in usa and it going to cost about £80 if anyone knows a uk firm were i can get them though might ask adam see if he can help thanks guys

• Like 1

Its not trimming the buds enough its like the blades arent close enough to the grate on the top and cant move them up any more mate

Never used out like this but can you remove or add a washer above or below? Or maybe flip the blade over? 

If you want people to read what you've written, perhaps you might try using some punctuation in your posts? :wallbash: You know, those little dots and dots with tails which break up walls of text into bite-sized sentences so people can read easier.  

660 posts and not a single fucking comma or full stop is shameful. 

ATGNI springs to mind, what's wrong with a pair of trimming scissors? 

• Like 1

Can you show a more detailed photo? Maybe the inside showing how the blade mechanism is set up.

Used a trimpro like that you could adjust the blades to get closer cuts should be a way of adjusting them somehow 

7 hours ago, Smokey90 said:

Never used out like this but can you remove or add a washer above or below? Or maybe flip the blade over? 

Usually you can’t flip the blade as it’s angled to direct the trip down into the hopper or bag whatever it is they have got a few different machines to use if I want but always use the trimpro workstation and it’s fall proof

Edited by Devon Cream
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

Usually you can’t flip the blade as it’s angled to direct the trip down into the hopper or bag whatever it is they have got a few different machines to use if I want but always use the trimpro workstation and it’s fall proof

I also have one of the trimpro machines, but tbh I only used it the once.  They really work, and do a pretty good job of it but I wouldn't advise for them unless you have more ganga than you can run by hand.  The one time I used it I plowed thru about a key in maybe 5 hours - if I used it again I'd probably be quicker.  But - there's no finesse to it, at all.  I much prefer the finished product from a hand trim, and you have the option of making stuff with your trim after - by machine your trim has been obliterated.

TL/DR - they're good, but only if you have a fuckload, otherwise I'd advise against.

@Baron von greenback - are you removing the buds from the stem?  I think this is required with the type of machine you have there?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, unity said:

are you removing the buds from the stem?

this is what I had to do with my trimzilla (hand-cranked bowl trimma)

stems catch on the blades n grill platform so the buds can't turn around

edit- I hand trim now as it just makes for better bud

mystic

Edited by mysticriver

The bag trimmers are really good if your bud is dense and dry, you get to keep the trim too, it separates in the bottom compartment. 

I imagine it's cheaper too :g:

I imagine this is more a concern for a commercial grow, but as a matter of pride and thrift, I don't think you can beat a hand trim and processing.  I guess if your plant grows right and your buds are ultra dense this probably works okay but I tend to heavily top and branch my plants for bigger yield from fewer and that generally necessitates a more personal touch I feel, especially if you want to trim off any leaves *without* crystal dusting them.  Personally, I like to trim all but the finest sugar leaves away for the 'perfect bud,' that said, I am looking for other options to limit contact due to an allergy issue...

19 hours ago, Smokey90 said:

Tried flipping blades mate