Lighthouse peel and stick doors

Darknight420710

Hi all, I currently have a small 50x90 tent inside a walkin wardrobe and it's OK but floor space I could do with bigger. 

The wardrobe itself would be ideal and the problem I've got if using that alone would be the light leaks, and thinking of a way to exhange air in and out

Just now I've a heavy curtain draped over which covers the who front and side of tent and my duct out is shoved along the side stapled at the front blowing out through the small gap I leave the door open. Haven't bothered ait inside and 6 week on im doing OK lol final last words lol

Does anyone use a peel and stick door for the inside of a wardrobe and if so what's your thoughts does it work and keep light out or not.

Thanks any feedback welcome 

Edited by Darknight420710

I've never even heard of a peel and stick door........ but I do grow in a built-in wardrobe I converted, I built an internal door using 3mm ply I had and some hinges, it was pretty easy to do.

Greenie / 3FF

• Like 2

@green_machine thanks, how do you manage your intake and out take? 

do you have a photo I can see as a reference to how something like a walk in wardrobe would work behind the nice doors  

This is what I'm working with and this is the sticky door 

large.Screenshot_20220501-105313_Google.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220501-105839_Gallery.jpg

large.Screenshot_20220501-105826_Gallery.jpg

The floor space is quite good and I could hand the light on the internal rail which I've removed. There's a shelf just above the tent which I van take off and replace with MDF and cut a 6in duct

I've thought so much about making some doors like you but don't know where to start or how to do that. So was thinking I could tape the zipper, put a plant of wood down both sides and cut out take ar top and intake at bottom and use a little baffle 

I can do better than a photo, I posted the build here, this is the link

Have a read of this I think it should cover most of the questions you have the only issue for you will be extraction but I'm sure we can come up with a solution for you there.

Give me a tag after you have read it and we can discuss your extraction options in more detail.

• Like 2

Thats great @green_machineand thanks for the link. I'll defo have a read of things and see how it goes. 

Thw problem I've got just now is im right in the middle of a grow and was thinking of flipping 12/12 so was looking at a quick solution otherwise I'm thinking of just getting my 60x120x180 tent out which defeats purpose of wanting a hidden grow area 

Not sure that's a question I can answer for you as you will have to make a judgement call on what is best for you.

4 hours ago, Darknight420710 said:

@green_machine thanks, how do you manage your intake and out take? 

do you have a photo I can see as a reference to how something like a walk in wardrobe would work behind the nice doors  

This is what I'm working with and this is the sticky door 

large.Screenshot_20220501-105313_Google.jpglarge.Screenshot_20220501-105839_Gallery.jpg

large.Screenshot_20220501-105826_Gallery.jpg

The floor space is quite good and I could hand the light on the internal rail which I've removed. There's a shelf just above the tent which I van take off and replace with MDF and cut a 6in duct

I've thought so much about making some doors like you but don't know where to start or how to do that. So was thinking I could tape the zipper, put a plant of wood down both sides and cut out take ar top and intake at bottom and use a little baffle 

Ok @Darknight420710 i just bought one of these but not put up yet i was going to cut the reflective sheeting in half and apply the zip i let you know how it goes mate

• Like 1

Ive seen people repurpose an actual tent in this manner, cutting one of the door side tent panels off and fitting it to the room door.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Budelaire said:

Ive seen people repurpose an actual tent in this manner, cutting one of the door side tent panels off and fitting it to the room door.

It just takes the 1 person to think out of the box and you've got a solution... its just that horrible thought of cutting my mars hydro 120 down and then things going pear shape and I'm a tent down. 

Really good idea though and with some 7in planks running down on the right and left side behind door will allow holes to be cut to push air out at the top and bring air in the bottom. 

Thanks @Budelaire and look forward to your feedback @Baron von greenback as im hoping what you've got is similar to the side panel of a tent door lol

On 02/05/2022 at 9:44 AM, Darknight420710 said:

It just takes the 1 person to think out of the box and you've got a solution... its just that horrible thought of cutting my mars hydro 120 down and then things going pear shape and I'm a tent down. 

Really good idea though and with some 7in planks running down on the right and left side behind door will allow holes to be cut to push air out at the top and bring air in the bottom. 

Thanks @Budelaire and look forward to your feedback @Baron von greenback as im hoping what you've got is similar to the side panel of a tent door lol

Ye it is mate just a bit thinner i thought about cutting a tent door off but its a waste of a tent really 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Darknight420710 said:

@Baron von greenback

Hiya, how did you get on with the peel and zip door?

Ok mate it works alright I put mine on that thick silver sheeting had to cut zip to length also I unzip from the bottom but don't unzip it fully and just keep each side open if that makes sense hope this helps the pic at the top of thread is the one I used mate

Edited by Baron von greenback
  • Like 1