New Shed and how to make it smell proof

Inspiration101

Hi,

I have a 1.5 x1.5 x 2m tent which I intend to put in my new shed.  I also want to be able to crop the end result without any nosy neighbours noses getting the better of me.  I shall also be smoking in the shed daily.

I have an 8" extraction setup and can set that up to ensure negative pressure pulling all the air into the tent, through the carbon filter, and then sent out; so that part is cool.

I am looking at lining the entire tent with some kind of mylar.  Stapling it on may not be the best idea I guess. 

Can someone recommend the best glue and sheeting to turn my shed into an airtight container? Except for the intake hole I create of course ;)  

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

I used that silver bubble wrap, stapled it then taped over the staples with the aluminium foil tape.

I did use rockwool first between the joists then celotex after that, the old sheds need some insulation, although I dont know if the rockwool was a good idea.

• Like 2

Hook and loop (Velcro) adhesive heavy duty tape . Have used it before to do that onto walls worked ok. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, inceywinceyspider said:

I used that silver bubble wrap, stapled it then taped over the staples with the aluminium foil tape.

I did use rockwool first between the joists then celotex after that, the old sheds need some insulation, although I dont know if the rockwool was a good idea.

I did similar with my last shed, 10mm foam then a layer of double bubble wrap, stapled the crap outta it.  Was pretty decent but am hoping to do a more pro job this time.

22 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

Hook and loop (Velcro) adhesive heavy duty tape . Have used it before to do that onto walls worked ok. 

Cheers, will look into that.

So far I have come up with the idea of insulating the entirety of the shed with 50mm kingspan, staple a 2m x 2m x 2m tent to the shed walls so I wont need the metal poles. 

Then inside this tent fit a 1.5m x 1.5m x 2m tent for the grow, thus giving me a little space inside the larger tent to sit, smoke, and then eventually crop.

• Like 1

Just now, Inspiration101 said:

insulating the entirety of the shed with 50mm kingspan,

This is what I did, have a look at my shed build thread bud, might give you some pointers...:yep: