Wilma system

Darknight420710

I was moaning like hell at the hydro place today how I'm pissed everytime I'm watering my plants in coco. In and out they come, lift and mop water away and 4 grows in I'm still not getting any better at it. Even though its only 3 plants lol

Anyway they said im better to use a Wilma pot system and it got me thinking but I remember reading on here never to really listen to hydro shop owners as they're just wanting to sell. 

But in all honesty are they any good and what exactly are the pros and cons? 

Could I easily lift the plants away and hide away like I could in pots of coco. 

I seen a 2 pot system and it's really got me thinking but I see all these pebbles in the photos and haven't got a clue 

Edited by Darknight420710

I've been using wilma system for years with coco, I've never used 100% clay balls. it's a piece of piss.

For me the attraction was it couldn't leak or fuck up like auto pots can and did for me, I water 3 to 4 times a day with a timer, i fill my tanks with 40 liters of feed mix every 4 or 5 days.

You can lift the pots off if you want to, you would have to take the drippers out though, and empty the res and hide all that too...

The only down side is it adds about a foot to the height of your grow.

• Like 1

Thanks @somelad and @Farmer Fett I git excited seeing that tray thinking I could use as a run off as that would be perfect not to lift plants to get rid of the water but im also pissed trying to get in amongst the wires ive got holding branches down so am aiming towards to Wilma but also see you can link up a feeder with the tray which might cut back on the foot you'll lose with a Wilma. 

Its all new and lots of youtube watching and seeing how they work differently 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Darknight420710 said:

Thanks @somelad and @Farmer Fett I git excited seeing that tray thinking I could use as a run off as that would be perfect not to lift plants to get rid of the water but im also pissed trying to get in amongst the wires ive got holding branches down so am aiming towards to Wilma but also see you can link up a feeder with the tray which might cut back on the foot you'll lose with a Wilma. 

Its all new and lots of youtube watching and seeing how they work differently 

Ok mate what i did was put some metal mesh on top of my saucers then had pots on top of that that i used a wet and dry hover to suck up the run off dont need to move the pots at all hope this helps 

• Like 1