Cannabis Distillate

AnonyMice

Has anyone consumed cannabis distillate? The stuff that’s 85-90% THC?

my question is how were the effects for you?

I’m a daily smoker with a high tolerance, but I can bet that that purity would feel completely overwhelming to me. Maybe it is worth it? 

Probably won’t have the opportunity to try it  for many years, if I am lucky ever enough to ever get a hold of it. 

I know it takes special equipment to extract/refine, don’t even know if that equipment is readily available... still makes me curious though! 

• Like 1

Im guessing bho would have very similar effects (i think it can be between 60-90%) other than having a bit more taste as it would have some terps the distillates dont

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 2

smoking it..

ingesting it

and

shoving it up ones ass

all have different effects eh lol

I thought being Chronic would see me not feel to much ingesting....:unsure:

Boy was I ever wrong... lol  

• Like 2

On 4/25/2022 at 2:04 PM, AnonyMice said:

Has anyone consumed cannabis distillate? The stuff that’s 85-90% THC?

my question is how were the effects for you?

I’m a daily smoker with a high tolerance, but I can bet that that purity would feel completely overwhelming to me. Maybe it is worth it? 

Probably won’t have the opportunity to try it  for many years, if I am lucky ever enough to ever get a hold of it. 

I know it takes special equipment to extract/refine, don’t even know if that equipment is readily available... still makes me curious though! 

Yes, as well as Isolates that are 99%+ pure.  I have been consuming concentrates since about 2007 when I got my OMMP medical MJ card and started extracting myself, so my tolerance is ostensibly different from yours.

In general a Distillate or an Isolate has a more two dimensional effects than cannabis essential oils containing the entourage of mono and sesquiterpenes, each of which add their own effects.

I don't advise smoking isolates, because burning them produces some carcinogenic byproducts of pyrolysis like benzene, but instead vaporize them if you wish to intake through your lungs.  If you burn some on a dabber, you will note that it also puts off a dense black phenolic smoke, which is harsh to the lungs and promotes harsh coughing.

https://graywolfslair.com/index.php/diy-cannamed-production/9-5-formulation-and-application/9-5-4-dab-and-vaporizations-sytems

If you wish a concentrate that still has the terpenes in it, I recommend a Live Resin extract.  Distillates have the terpenes cooked out, so none are present.  

An alternative is a Dirty Diamond Isolate if you wish high purity THC-A that still retains terpenes from the "sauce" it was precipitated out of. 

As we speak, I using a mixture of Live Resin and "clean"  Diamonds in my electric vapor pipe and a selection of different herb strains in my Volcano.  With my tolerance it produces no euphoric high but a general feeling of well being with less background noise and costs me my short term memory if I continue to dab once medicated.  

Edited by Graywolf
  • Like 17