Loft or Shed that is the question????

Ecto

Originally the garden shed was my plan for tent but after research I’m worried about noise of fans etc for neighbours and temps at night, so I have a biggish loft which would be more conspicuous to neighbours but could be awkward to access all the time (loft ladder) also getting the air flow in and out the tent, any experience or preferences on this? Tent is 80x80x160cm and running hps 600w dimmed down probably, 2 plants autos 

The loft sounds like a better option - do you already have lights etc?  If not perhaps think about going down the LED route instead - lower power usage and you can use smaller extractor fan which will help keep noise down - you will need some heat mats or similar for winter.

• Like 4

I’ve done both over the years, for me the sheds easier as access is better especially at night when the kids are in bed but it’s whatever’s best for you bud !

if noise is the issue you need to get your equipment together and test it, it might not be as noisy as your expecting, then you can make an informed choice.

• Like 3

ive done both and the shed is my choice. im running a 5 inch fan filter set up, light at 250/400w its run off a controller at about 50% and cant be heard outside the shed. in fact i can barely hear it till i open the tent inside the shed. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, badbillybob said:

ive done both and the shed is my choice. im running a 5 inch fan filter set up, light at 250/400w its run off a controller at about 50% and cant be heard outside the shed. in fact i can barely hear it till i open the tent inside the shed. 

What fan u running bro??

It's depends on many different things, how do you think you will grow? Will you be busy body always wanting to look or will you be a lazy one with tropf blumat an only look to fill a water tank once a week. 

I am a lazy shed grower a keep it simple. 

• Like 1

Here's my shed grow using 80x80x160. I use 6" rvk on WAC 1 controller turned right down to keep it quiet. 

Here's my diary and build, any questions ask away.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ecto said:

What fan u running bro??

im using a 5 inch rvk, run off a controller, but im only runnng the hps at 250watts

• Like 1

Weigh up all your options first, if you are worried about neighbours hearing your fans, what will they think when they see you popping in and out of the shed at all hours! 

• Like 3

If loft is not well isolated forget about it,tho I'd rather have a grow in my house then outside,well unless there's a fire lol

3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

im using a 5 inch rvk, run off a controller, but im only runnng the hps at 250watts

Yeh I was only going to do 250w is a rvk on lower setting pretty quiet then??

3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

Yeh I was only going to do 250w is a rvk on lower setting pretty quiet then??

4 hours ago, growinggold said:

Here's my shed grow using 80x80x160. I use 6" rvk on WAC 1 controller turned right down to keep it quiet. 

Here's my diary and build, any questions ask away.

Is the wac1 controller easy to wire up/use??

Shed 100%. Line it with some insulation and get some quiet ec fans and your onto a winner.

Bollox to climbing up and down the loft all the time

• Like 2