1st grow

Ecto

I’m getting way confused with all the different lights and ventilation etc, I got a bud box 80x80x160cm that’s all so far and only going to try 1 plant for starters,I have this in my shed at the moment and the  plan was a 400w hps/mh and then 5inch exhaust fan with carbon filter and ducting straight of a vent on side of my shed and then a 4inch inlet fan again with duct and vent to outside of shed to bring fresh air in! Any idea if this would be sufficient? Any tips on strains too for 1st timer, Sativa autos if possible 

Sounds ok if you run it at night, the 400w might get a bit hot but if you get an adjustable ballast you could swap to a 250w lamp.

I think photos are better for a first time and also because you run 12/12 its easier with temps in the shed in summer.

HELLO,

I worked in small spaces with a 400w HPS long time... 
But honestly since I switched to LEDs I need less!!!

400w HPS with extractors (noise/increased consumption) heat, regular fattening... it's over! 
For 300w LED (in QB) I have almost the same result (slightly less) without the disadvantages ;) And yet I have been growing for 26 years under HPS. It's been 1 year that I am in LED and really I will not come back to HPS... whereas I have always been very SEPTIC and CRITICAL about LEDs. Try to see in relation to your culture surface if you can place LEDs!?! Even if you start with your 400w HPS (it's cool) don't rule out the idea of LEDs because they work superbly with much less Watts... heat... fattening... etc. THINK IT!!!! But with a 400w HPS we always get good results!!!! As long as we haven't tried REAL GOOD Led PRO!!!!! I am in Europe and I called on Lientec (German manufacturer of LEDs) and DAMN what power!!!! It even happens up to 2.9 umol/J... whereas no HPS can achieve this result!!! 
Many options are good for growing but don't forget the LED ;)
take care ;)

1 plant with 250w in box I have 4 plants identics... Amnesia Haze.

it gtreatly exceeds 1Gr/Watt... whereas an HPS will never do 2Gr/Watt ;) But LED yes ! ! ! 

Edited by lildaveham
Remove pic link

Hiya @greenled welcome to UK420 :)

For security reasons it's recommended that you upload your photos to this site rather than using external links. 

Or

Atb 

:yinyang:

Thanks very much!
it's OK, I understood...

enter photo first in the photo gallery ;)

large_ythq.jpg
 I don't use a phone but a PC... I never go to the forums with my phone.

Thank you for the information. 
Have a nice day ;)

Edited by greenled
  • Like 1