Newb Question (apologies if already discussed)

Guerilla Blue

Hi all,

As suggested in the title I have a bit of a basic question. 

I’m an outdoor grower and normally propagate my seeds outside. My friend is an indoor grower who grows from cuttings. 

we are working together on an outdoor grow this year and we are going to veg in his indoor tent first. 

unfortunately we haven’t timed it well and we have a week between germinating the seeds and his tent being available for us. This means I have sprouted and planted the germinated seeds and need to keep them for a week before they can go to his tent.

my question is what sort of light can I get away with for seedlings that are days old. A week old at most?

onwas planning on using a few old LED desk lamps. Will this suffice?

any advice is appreciated. 

thanks

1 hour ago, Guerilla Blue said:

question is what sort of light can I get away

Alright there,

Depending on heat I would suggest a window sill, or a little green house in the garden, that great big light in the sky will do the rest, I have some cuttings that are rooting on the side in my shed, it don’t get cold in my shed tho so if your putting them outside make sure you bring them in a night while they are small.

Take it easy. Jj :yinyang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jibba jabba said:

Alright there,

Depending on heat I would suggest a window sill, or a little green house in the garden, that great big light in the sky will do the rest, I have some cuttings that are rooting on the side in my shed, it don’t get cold in my shed tho so if your putting them outside make sure you bring them in a night while they are small.

Take it easy. Jj :yinyang:

Thanks for the advice man appreciate it. I have 84 seeds brewing though so they may not all get light from the windowsill. I have a few table lamps (3) I can also use an overhead strip light. Just wondering if I can generate enough light with that combined. I could maybe use multiple windowsills but I’ll have to speak to the wife about that :)

Wow yeah man, 84 your gonna need some serious windows :bangin: 

Maybe just use a lamp as you originally suggested, I have seen the recycling type boxes with cfl bulbs in. 

Good luck. Jj :skin_up:

11 hours ago, Jibba jabba said:

Wow yeah man, 84 your gonna need some serious windows :bangin: 

Maybe just use a lamp as you originally suggested, I have seen the recycling type boxes with cfl bulbs in. 

Good luck. Jj :skin_up:

Hahaha I thought so. Cool cheers for that. I’ll grab a big box and use the lamps I have. 

thank again for the advice. 

good luck to you too