Making rosin from hash

Chris78

Ive just ordered an 8 bag bubble set.  As its my first time (with a good set) and I mixed all the trim and bud from a couple of strains together for freezing I dont imagine ill get a full melt.   But I was noticing lots of people seem to turn anything that wont melt into rosin.  I read comments like,  getting rid of all those toxic nasty combustibles.   I totally understand why people wouldnt want to inhale any smoke, people rightly want to take care of their lungs.   Then I was talking to a mate who said similar...oh yeah I rosin anything that wont melt,...the thing is we were both smoking a joint at the time.....seems he wasnt too worried about those same combustibles' there. 

15 years ago, people really valued hash, yes full melt was around and people loved it, but other hash was appreciated too.  It seems we got to a stage where if you cant dab it, its considered shit.  So I understand that some people just dont want to smoke, but the smokers......is dabbing a banger so much of a better hit that smoking hash is becoming obsolete?    

• Like 2

If it won’t melt how does it make rosin ? Iceolator hash should give a good return even if the hash isn’t full melt. Personally I prefer dry sift to Iceolator . Just make sure your hash is dry first before pressing for rosin. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chris78 said:

is dabbing a banger so much of a better hit that smoking hash is becoming obsolete? 

Traditional hash will never become obsolete IMO but personally dabbing rosin is superior.

However I like to keep a decent amount of variety around my consumption methods. There's a place for everything. But solventless dabs are the pinnacle of what's available to us today.

• Like 5

Just now, NezA said:

Traditional hash will never become obsolete IMO but personally dabbing rosin is superior.

However I like to keep a decent amount of variety around my consumption methods. There's a place for everything. But solventless dabs are the pinnacle of what's available to us today.

Cheers!    Superior how, taste or effect?   I can see how taste would be better, but effect?  Whether the hast is smoked as is, or pressed into rosin for dabbing, the same active chemicals are there in both processes, its not like pressing it to rosin adds any physcoactive stuff.    SO is it the method of delivery, i.e the dab rather than the pipe that improves the effect...if it does?     

My understanding.

Full melt generally refers to the output from one bag, often the 90 or 70 (but very variety dependent). This tends to be the cleanest and leaves little residue on the banger/nail.

Other bags, or a combination of bags tend to leave residue so are not considered full melt as they have more contaminants within.

These are often then pressed through a small micron bag to provide a cleaner output. If multiple bags are combined you get more of the full spectrum rosin.

If your going to smoke it it's all irrelevant. But if you are vaping it becomes more relevant as anything with more contaminants might scorch resulting in poor taste and more cleanup.

Rosin is generally pretty clean from the outset but can contain fats etc. Hence why bubble hash rosin is so popular. Clean, chemical free and tasty.

Edited by M Pamplemousse
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Superior how, taste or effect?

In my experience both. Perhaps this is due to the ability to dab at a desired temp. Many more of the terps can be preserved at lower temps which improves flavor. Generally speaking pressed hash rosin will yield a purer end product combined with the ability to consume more of it in a shorter space of time the effects are generally much more potent in my experience. Also if you dab at a slightly higher temp and sacrifice a bit of flavor, you can increase the potency even more, although even at a higher temp I still find dabbing very tasty.

It's one of those things that you have to try for yourself and experiment until you find your own personal sweet spot. But once you do you you'll realize what all the fuss is about.

Edited by NezA
  • Like 3

@NezA   Cheers!   Flavour, when it comes to smoking or vaping doesnt really interest me, I mean I dont want it to taste awful, but after that I dont care...I have food and drink for flavour, cannabis is for relaxing or getting high!   The industry us leaving me behind a bit, it seems its all about taste these days, be it smoking method, or plant breeding.    Thats great for those of you who look for taste, but a real bore for the likes of me!    

Just to add on taste, all the videos I see of people dabbing, they cough there guts out and then say...that tasted amazing.....really? It didnt look like you had a pleasant experience, you spent the next 5 mins coughing!  

Edited by Chris78
  • Like 1

Dabbing without coughing your guts up is quite a skill. Think about the biggest bong rip you've ever managed and multiply it by 10... You get used to it eventually and about 15 seconds after the dab you don't really care about the coughing anymore because by that point you're a dribbling stumbling mess. lol

• Like 2

Vaping hash is generally a bit of a faff and usually results in a gummed up screen 

So squishing the good stuff out and vaping it in a temp controlled dish that you can wipe clean with a cotton bud afters is a lot easier for me

I'd call what he was squishing in the videos kief not resin tho so I dunno now lol

• Like 1

Just pipe the bubble hash? Smooth as and The stuff melts like butter in my pipe... Cheap glass this from the big River 

• Like 1