Any pointers for first timer?

Jams67

Hey folks, Ive just ordered the first bits to attempt my own growl. Apologies in advance for my question as I know the best thing to do is read through all the information that’s already there, I’m just a bit overwhelmed with all the info and the majority of the names and terminology I don’t understand yet. I’m working away at the moment and would like to get as much as possible delivered before I get home so I’m ready to go, once I’m home I plan to throw myself right into it and read through all the relative threads and watch as many videos as I can to start learning.

For now though if anyone could advise on what else I should order to get me started, or if there is certain things that I should avoid being delivered and bought from local shops instead. So far this is what I have;

Mars Hydro 70x70x160 tent

Mars Hydro TS1000 full spectrum led

Mars Hydro 4 inch inline duct fan carbon filter with thermostat controller 

There are  3 possible locations which will either be in bedroom (size and wife approval depending, so can probably rule that out), outside in metal shed not insulated or lined (most likely going in here so will look into insulating and lining this shed), the other option is to have in a shed which is fully insulated and lined but It is at a different house and I’m only there for a couple of days a week (ideally in the future I will have a semi automated setup that can be controlled remotely, but that is something I will look into once I have at least a grow or 2 under my belt)

As I say I know the info is out there and I will get to it, but if anyone could offer any advice on what is still required that would be much appreciated

Happy 420 everyone, have a great day!!

I'd rule the bedroom out to just keep the wife on your side (even more so if she doesnt enjoy the fruits of your labour) Any you will have to have the extraction running 24/7.

Due to the current time of year providing you are in the uk if you could heat the tent in someway the lack of insulation may not be so much of an issue. but before you put any plants in run the tent for a few days empty so you can keep checking the temps at different times of the day to see if the temps stay upwards of 20 degrees.

And last but most importantly No Tell, No Sell, No Smell it's not worth a knock at the door because the only way you are going to get caught is someone grassing you up.

• Like 2

@s0ck3t

hey bud thanks for the reply and good advice. Yeah I will only be growing for my personal use which is why I went with a small setup, I’m hoping that I will be able to do 2 grows a year and produce just enough enough for a year (12oz from the 2 grows would be ideal).

The main reasons for wanting to grow my own is so I know what I’m getting is all good/organic, save some money and also as a hobby.

I should have said that the bedroom would Only be for the first grow until I get the metal shed sorted out with power and insulated etc. ideally though in the future once I have a bit of experience I will setup at another shed I have access to down the road and monitor it remotely, its a 2 hour drive so can always get back fairly quick if needed.

thanks again bud.

Hey folks, so Ive been looking to order some more bits for my build, here is where I am at the moment;;

Pot system - autopot 2 pot system, I believe the opinion on here is to get a valve on a timer so that the plant is not constantly sitting in water so probably get one of those as well. Also any suggestions on what sort of pump to get for moving the water would be great.

Monitoring - I was looking at inkbird and habistat thermometers and hygrometers. I’m thinking the inkbird would be good to control a heater and the one that can control a dehumidifier and a humidifier. Not sure if that will be overkill for my tent and take up too much space.

Seeds - I was thinking something like Wedding cake auto from real gorilla seeds, would like a relatively quick grow if possible.

Heating - I have a couple of tube heaters and oil filled rads at home so will be trying out what I have already when I get home and as suggested runt the tent for a few days to see what is required for the location I choose.

Medium - This is somewhere I’m really unsure what would be best. Ive looked at coco coir and super soil but not sure what would be best for my setup and being a total noob when it comes to any sort of growing or gardening.

Nutes - Again still unsure of what i need here, I guess i would need to pick the medium first?

Any suggestions or advice on the above would again be greatly appreciated.