Lights on during day or night?

SmokeTester

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I did did a search.

I have always run with lights on during the day because I like to fettle my plants during the day.

But I am thinking of running lights on at night for my next grow, I'm thinking it might help to stabilise temperatures a bit?

• Like 2

I always have the lights on over night. Mainly because the electric is cheaper but it keeps my temps spot on too. Also I'm home through the night should there be any problems. 

Edited by Captain-Erb
  • Like 4

I run mine of a night as i was running hps so heat was an issue now i changed to leds i still run of a night but heat is not an issue now 

• Like 1

Dial it in to suit you, with one eye on your intake temps. Varying on/off to the clock is useful, controlling temps, ease of access etc. 

• Like 1

On a slightly different note, how hot is, too hot?

On Monday temps in one of my tents hit 33c. One plant in veg, seemed fine, going great guns.

I always have lights off for the hottest parts of the day. Summer can hit 30c in this country, who'd want lights on during that? 

• Like 3

When I was running HPS lights, I would have lights on during the night due to the excess heat. But since I switched to cooler LED, I now have lights on during the day as it's easier to get to the desired 30c for LED during the day....plus it's just a bit more convenient running things in the daytime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cypher79 said:

When I was running HPS lights, I would have lights on during the night due to the excess heat. But since I switched to cooler LED, I now have lights on during the day as it's easier to get to the desired 30c for LED during the day....plus it's just a bit more convenient running things in the daytime.

Do you supplement with heating in the night

2 hours ago, KC said:

I always have lights off for the hottest parts of the day. Summer can hit 30c in this country, who'd want lights on during that? 

Not round these parts! Well very rarely anyway.

I schedule "night" for my wee cabinet from just after noon, so during the warmest part of the day the ambient air temperature is usually enough and heating doesn't have to kick in. Early morning usually coldest, so the few degrees difference LEDs make helps to keep space a bit warmer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KC said:

Summer can hit 30c in this country

It hit 35-36c last year or the year before round my ways if I remember right.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

Here is the top 5 hottest days in the UK

large.Screenshot_20220421-040732_Firefox.jpg

Bonus stat, The coldest day recorded in England was −26.1 °C Newport Shropshire 1982  :realcool:lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 3