Thoughts on Classics!!!

chilled artist

just dropped a couple of White widow autos seeds in a pot....oops....lol

any thoughts on "old" cultivars versus the new cultivars.....  rainbow biscuit kush, etc etc...

how does your old strains, NL, WW, Skunk,  hold up against all these new cross breeds

• Like 5
Just now, chilled artist said:

how does your old strains, NL, WW, Skunk,  hold up against all these new cross breeds

if it weren't for these, there wouldn't be them lol, just like music a good classic never goes out of style, :smokin:

sam

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, chilled artist said:

@samhigh just a thought, that could go on forever, if it wasnt for them...etc....lol

if you had a choice.....new school or to kool for school??

if ww,nl, and skunk were the only strains on earth, i would be totally content.........

maybe we would find cheese, and roadkill again :smokin:

sam

• Like 5

I personally get higher of old strains that were rated at 15%THC compared to some of the modern stuff rated at 30%THC. Come on who does these test because I find them totally nonsense :hi::wassnnme:

• Like 9

Some of the best looking/smelling weed I've tried the last few years have almost always disappointed. 

It's like they're doing what they should be but just not quite getting me over the edge if that makes sense. It's like I'm stoned without being actually stoned, it's weird. I thought all these new strains over the last few years would blow.me away but meh.. I'll stick to hash for now. 

Maybe the cost of these strains are the real deal breaker.. absolutely insane for what it is. Almost always get a better high from mates homegrowns. This could be my lack of experience, ive not been much of a flower smoker the last decade or so, so I imagine I'm missing some beauts! 

Anyway, I much prefer the weed that was about in the early 00s for sure 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Never really run any of the old strains but been thinking about it some of the old lot round here say superskunk northern lights White widow few others were some of the best they had done bare in mind older lot grow outside thinking about trying some next year mabey if money lands might get a few end of the month :yinyang:

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Ccs141 said:

Never really run any of the old strains but been thinking about it some of the old lot round here say superskunk northern lights White widow few others were some of the best they had done bare in mind older lot grow outside thinking about trying some next year mabey if money lands might get a few end of the month :yinyang:

Wish I could get these to finish outside mate. Unfortunately I never got a good white widow. I did get some old nice el nineo snd white shark that flowered outdoor and indoor back then. Good luck if you get these on the go being further south you should be good. 

• Like 1

Just for brevity. If your growing autos your not growing old strains or even close.

You can't buy many of these strains in regular and nobody holds the parents that made them so when you say your getting a cheese auto or white widow in reality it's not even really close just a name that sells 

• Like 10
Just now, Ccs141 said:

@brock1 @blackpoolbouncer thanks guys so would the ones named White widow and superskunk not represent the original and does it being auto mean it has no of the real parents as autos weren't around back then 

No new creation represents an original. 1 of 1.

• Like 3
On 01/06/2022 at 8:44 PM, Ccs141 said:

@brock1 @blackpoolbouncer thanks guys so would the ones named White widow and superskunk not represent the original and does it being auto mean it has no of the real parents as autos weren't around back then 

What your will get is a hybrid of the old stuff. In reality you could be actually getting a bx. For example if your getting a white widow auto its going to be a white widow x to a auto so only half WW. But now some breeders create their own version using the WW and a WW auto hybrid giving you a Bx1 population of WW witch is then inbreed 3 generation so technically its still not WW.

• Like 2

@brock1 cleared it up there still might try a few next year do an autogrow on cheap seedstockers have a few of the older breeds or what they call the older stuff 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Shit fuck, man.....My wee 2ft WW single plant could stink out a warehouse

ooft, wont be growing her again, unless its in a full set up, in the middle of nowhere, on top of a mountain!!

looking forward to tasting her tho

stay blazed, everyone

• Like 2