Storing pre-mixed nutrients

tidyboy1981

Hi guys. 
             How long could/would you store pre mixed nutrients in a air tight container? 

I over filled my res and the ec count was at 1.7 so I’ve took 40lt out to dilute the res and now I’ve got 2 x 20lt containers pre mixed and ph’d to the correct dosage. 

I imagine it'll be ok until you use it, if your in veg couple of weeks, in flower you'll probably use it quick, keep out of strong light, otherwise it will turn green with algae. I've made up 25lt batches when I'm germinating never had a problem, sometimes sitting around for weeks.

• Like 1

there is a reason that liquid nutrients come in two packs; i am sure it is something to do with long term incompatibility of the final solution, and only the seperate liquids are long term stable. The key is 'long term', i am sure a coupleof weeks is ok.i have never noticed my long term mixes doing anything particularly different; maybe throwing a chalk haze.

but dont quote me on it.

• Like 1

A and B mix components will slowly react and fall out of solution, that's why they are kept separate. A week or so is probably ok in cool dark conditions.

• Like 2