Hole cutter

Darknight420710

Mind is completely blank... what do you call those things you stick on a drill and then cut through the wood to push your ducting through. I'm thinking of making my built in wardrobe into a groom but looking st building MDF internal doors to hide behind the normal wardrobe door to keep light out but needing to duct air in and out 

Can anyone tell me the part I need and thosenother things youncan attach to the hole to feed duct through but also keep light out. 

Thanks 

Just now, me n me girls said:

Hole saw 

Thats the piece I'm needing. So nice to come on and get my answer because if I asked a friend or a family member they'd be asking wtf I want that for lol

Excellent thanks @me n me girls

Edited by Darknight420710
  • Like 1

To be fair you would struggle to find a hole saw that would be big enough for most fans/ducting. Draw your circle. drill a few pilot holes and get the jigsaw out to cut it out. 

• Like 2

Just now, TheMadHatter said:

@Diddy I have a 200mm one I got of the bey a few years back afaik they come in bigger sizes too :smokin:

Oh fair do's mate. I just go on what I usually see available as a spark. If I were installing a fan then I would be using a 20 mm spade bit to start and then a jig saw to cut it out. 

• Like 2

@Diddy I tried that method my first time round bud had to make a trip to screwfix for some filler as my jigsaw game ain’t strong lol id use whatever’s at hand if possible not to spend anymore unnecessary cash :chains:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone its great when others can add an idea.  I hope to now go forward with a plan and opt for jigsaw.. Thanks @Shumroomthat is exactly what I mean :)

• Like 1

Yeah this is what I did, unfortunately the arbor didn't fit my drill so I used the hole saw by hand, worked great just took a bit longer

• Like 3

Just a heads up for anyone using large hole saws to drill thick materials like MDF... they put a HUGE amount of strain on the drill. Make sure you go slow and constantly clear the teeth of sawdust, you don't want to burn out your drill on a single hole! Personally anything bigger than 75mm I'd do with a jigsaw