what percentage thc is kief?

Newcouch

Quck question, sorry if its been asked before, couldnt find it.

what (relative) thc content is kief please?

Obv it will depend on strain and quality of kief, but presumably sine the trichs are a major site for thc, kief should have a higher thc than the parent bud?

So, you average kief in an ordinary coarse grinder will also include fine grind etc, but what might we expect the relative strength re the wee being ground?

Twice the strength?  Seems fair. so if your weed is 20%, your kief may be 40%?

Asking since making kief oil today and want to estimate strength. something like this;

Kief oil.

Assume kief is 40% thc.

1g thc = 1000mg = 400mg thc

10ml oil @ 2% (such as adven 20) = 10g by weight = 0.2g thc = 200g

So I can make 20ml of 0.2 % oil per 1g kief.

obviously this ignores decarboxylation losses and relative effectiveness.

I think it depends on the mesh at the bottom of the grinder. They come in different sizes, the finer the mesh the higher the thc content, i presume. 

Don't know how much difference in strength between kief from a 220micron mesh and a 150 micron mesh but may well effect your calculations.

Mind you I find any strength edibles have a tendency to wipe me out big time.

Hope someone can help you more than i @Newcouch

Edited by BeardedBeardiae
@
  • Like 1

In my experience kief doesn't press all too well into rosin compared to bubble or dry sift so that leads me to assume it's not all that pure a collection method , a fair percentage of kief will be misc plant matter that's just ground up enough to pass through a screen rather than glandular heads.

:yinyang:

• Like 5