BioBizz PH Readings

Richyblu2

I've just taken some side by side readings with a BlueLab. So for anyone who might be interested... 

My tap water PH fluctuates pretty wildly so I've just been using bottled on my plants. Some out of date for free and cheap Lidl stuff that works out about 14p p/l.

The bottled I've got is either 6.1 or 7.8 so I mixed 50/50 and came out 7.1

With 1ml/l Grow PH reduced to 6.4

Adding 1ml/l Bloom took it down to 6.2 / 6.3

I added 0.5ml/l BB CalMag which had no effect, then added another 3ml/l Bloom which only reduced by 0.1 

I did the same with a litre bottle of Buxton Spring (7.4) that I got with a meal deal.

Grow 1ml took it down to 7.0

Added Bloom 1ml = 6.7

Bloom 4ml = 6.5

Again the CalMag had no obvious effect.

Worth noting that the pen readings when nutes were added jumped around a bit, compared with reading just straight water. I've tested a few bottled varieties and all came out exactly as the 'PH at source' stated on the label.

The BB nute bottles were all opened a couple of months ago, stored in the loft which has been pretty bloody cold and I've just read they shouldn't be kept in fridge conditions! so no idea if that will have effected anything? Plants seem to be happy enough...

Has anyone has seen any similar posts, here or anywhere else?

• Like 1

Are you talking about organic nutes for compost?  If so I don't think there's much point caring.  Even in coco I wouldn't be fussed enough to adjust that. 

Chuck your pen in the drawer and forget about it till you go hydro. All of that info whilst seeming relevant, actually isnt at all. 

The numbers even indicate that the point stands that thats info you dont need to know. 

Id be more interested in your tap water readings tbf and concentrate on working out whether thats ctually just fine for growing, which i bet it is

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I stopped using biobizz soil because the last few batches were inconsistent.  Lots of woody materials and wild ph fluctuations.  

I thought it might be my tap water so I used Aqua pura mineral water , ph 6.2 .

In my opinion best bottled water for cannabis. 

But when tested the run off the ph was 13 lol

I was so pissed off because plagron wasn't much better either .

That's why on my next run I'm using Guanokalong soil and carbon gold seedling soil for my seedlings and

clones .

I havent used them before but I have heard good alot of things about them both .