New grow kit suggestions

nyleridedog

Hi troops

I've been around for a while but haven't done any growing for few years. I was hoping for few suggestions for grow kits.

This is the best I've found for basics. 

It's from London grow 

Thanks

Edited by lildaveham
Please do not post external links to non sponsor growshops. Many thanks

Evening Nyler

Yeah that will get you growing again but as you say it is the basics. The hps a bit warm with Summer approaching. 

Does it have to be a kit? 

Could you use an old wardrobe/cupboard and maybe have a look at a LED light and decent fan, then get a tent down the road?

Thanks for the reply. It's For ease of use really. All in one box of goodies. And yer the temps will get high this year for sure. 

Digi ballast to switch on 400w when it get hot .

Nyler

Edited by nyleridedog
  • Like 1

Those Lumii ballasts are the same as other cheapo types ,and a glass scion or fuse goes in them . I've lived through the experience .There'll be someone buying pallets of them for two quid each . You can't get the little fuse ,so end up binning the ballast . Also you probably shouldn't dim a 600w bulb down to a 400w setting on the ballast but rather use a 400w bulb when set on 400w . It might shorten the lifespan of the bulb . 

I'd go with a 2nd hand site for everything and buy a new LED so you have an old magnetic or digital ballast and an economical light that'll be handy in a heatwave and for extra light . I'm sure you'll get a near new set up for pittins . The best tent I bought was an unbranded one .It was heavy and durable ,and that was a lucky draw .The other ''decent'' and branded types were light and cheap to make ,but not cheap to buy . If you're half handy at carpentry you might make a more ergonomic build into a corner with some light ply sheets and a few light lengths of planed timber .It's probably better than a tent . 

Edited by Michael Luchóg

large.7809FB25-2093-4AEA-A49B-7DF81EBF6897.jpegI just bought x3 1200 x 1200 tents, x3 fans with ducting x3 600w lights, x3 carbon filters, x2 tube heaters, pots and trays, nutrients for £200 on flea bay. I outed the lights due to heat and managed to bag myself a job lot of Cob Led lights x2 2000w, x2 1000w a 600w daylight and a 600w grow light for £80.

Spent about another £200 on other bits and pieces but it all works and was in fairly good condition I could only find x1 tiny pin hole in 1 of them. 
worth a look if you don’t mind 2nd hand and cleaning the equipment when it’s up.

All in all I’m into about £550 with beans and bits but even if you get a bulk bit it’s going to cost £150 a z so 4 and your quids in. Depends how much you consume I suppose ;) 

Pic of 1 attached 

12 hours ago, nyleridedog said:

It's For ease of use really. All in one box of goodies

bro take some time now dont go for the quick ease of use chestnut

because ul end up replacing everything over ur next few grows (everyone says this - ask em!)

tent (if u need one) led light & extraction fan/carbon filter

plus ur pots and pans, thermohydrometer; ec pen; pH pen (all a fiver each from t'bay) (or pH paper)

mystic

• Like 2