Ive had herms constantly for 2 years, would really appreciate some help choosing a seed

FlooK

@inceywinceyspider

Anything from Vicfirth tbh i just picked up the Uk cheese x digiberry but as you say the Animalbiscuits is tried and tested.

@FlooK

By far the most efficient way to keep your roots warm are heat mats coupled with a temp controller such as inkbird or similar. You can then stick the probe of the controller in the bottom of your coco to keep it at the right temp. However this will definately cost you more in electric but if the roots are consistantly warm the plants will perform lots better. 

:yinyang:

• Like 6

Am thinking about Gelato41 from seedstocker for a summer grow under led,looked massive and sticky,someone here on site posted pics look it up.

1 hour ago, lildaveham said:

If there are no light leaks then i would say get yourself some of the subscriber seeds for £25 and try and get your lights off temps up to 19c-21c.

It's still no guarantee though. I'm running only subby seeds this time around and 1 plant, a Blues X Headband Zkittles is giving me grief, 1 nana on the very top of every top bud. Started around week 5 flowering. I clipped them all off but they persist in growing again.

Not putting the subbie down though, some of the best plants I've grown in recent years have come from members hacks :v:

Edited by i11
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, FlooK said:

what heater would you recommend to keep a 4x4 a few degrees warmer through the day

I've always used a normal electric blanket. Works a treat. It should fit 4x4' perfect. Might go up the sides a bit, but that's ok. 

They're only £20. And only 30watts so cheap to run. It'll keep your roots nice and warm. Wrap it in a tarp, but its waterproof anyway. The tarp just keeps it clean.

Dont worry about temps at canopy level, its the roots you need to keep warm.

But buy some subbies seeds, or use the site sponsors.

:yep:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, the lone deranger said:

They're only £20. And only 30watts so cheap to run

Am in

Sounds a bit fire hazard tho :unsure:

• Like 1

Just now, Herbal Kint said:

Sounds a bit fire hazard tho :unsure:

Not at all mate. They're waterproof.

I wouldn't go pouring water on the plug, but they're as safe as any heat mat. Just much fecking cheaper :)

Just dont fold them. The wire elements inside shouldn't be folded. I just let it go up the sides of the tent when using tents, or overlapped them in bigger rooms. 

Edited by the lone deranger
sp
  • Like 1

What size do they get? One covers half a tent?

I was looking into heat mats but most is small and weirdly sized like 120x50cm

Edited by Herbal Kint

2 hours ago, FlooK said:

Nice one mate thanks. Obviously energy is a bitch at the moment, what heater would you recommend to keep a 4x4 a few degrees warmer through the day? I can turn my extraction down slightly but I need it running to keep the RH down.

Tiles are a good things for dispersing an even warmth at the rhizosphere.  Warming cables underneath, fused correctly etc. would do the job nice and not cost too much if thermostatically switched.   Don't need to worry too much about heating the canopy then bud.

Just now, Herbal Kint said:

What size do they get? One covers half a tent?

Off the top of my head, theyre about 1.2m x 1.4m i think.

I used to use two roof cube tents that were 1.2m2 and the blankets went up opposite sides, but only a bit.

If i remember, i'll dig one out and have a look/measure tomorrow.

Just now, botanics said:

Tiles are a good things for dispersing an even warmth at the rhizosphere.  Warming cables underneath, fused correctly etc. would do the job nice and not cost too much if thermostatically switched.   Don't need to worry too much about heating the canopy then bud.

Thanks, nice ideas but unfortunately I use a drainage table so not sure they'd work with that. Luckily as well summer is right around the corner so the temps shouldn't be an issue next run. I really need a successful harvest with no hermies/seeds

• Like 1

Just now, the lone deranger said:

@Herbal Kinthnt you want a double, not a single..

Just Google 'electric blanket' :yep:

Nice they're 20 quid on amazon, waterproof too like you said. I could easily rest one of those on the PVC frame under the drip tray next winter. Thanks again cool idea

Edited by FlooK
  • Like 3