Last minute advice

Eldo

Hi uk420

Just got my drobe ready to go for my 1st grow :)

78x66cm floor space and 170cm height 

I have

1 x Dr rays somango auto

1 x Dr rays quick Satan auto

1 x silver leaf bruce banner auto

1 x rapid genetics hasty and tasty auto

In my space would all 4 in 5.7l pots  or 2 of them in 10l pots be better?

1st grow so looking to maximise space but don't want to end up running out of space

*Also has anyone grown any of these strains before as cant find info on any of them except quick Satan

**also also being a newbie I want to handle seeds as little as possible. Would germination rate be affected much my placing straight in the soil??

Thanks

I would recommend using individual pots.  Starting the seeds in soil is my preferred way of germinating seeds.  Just make sure the seeds are not burried to deep in soil when planting them, 1-2 cm will do.  Pointy side up ;)  Keep the soil moist but try not to over water at the beginning.  You may even start them in their final pots - them being autos.  Good luck! :v:

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Eldo said:

@AustrianToker cheers mate will give that a try later....only question now is how many

Think im leaning towards starting 3 seeds (2 dr rays and the hasty and tasty

Morning.

3 is plenty for that size space. I use a 80cm×80×160, I either have one big plant in a 7gallon pot or have 2 plants in 3 or 5 gallon( depending whether indica or saliva leaning)

All about the training after that.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Eldo said:

2 of them in 10l pots be better?

id go for that as I reckon you'll run out of room with 4 plants

I do 4 in 12L pots in 120 x 120cm, roughly just under double yours, I run out of space in flower

mystic

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Lister420 said:

All about the training after that.

this is true - the way you train can really maximise and equalise the light going to all the flower tops at the same time, from a young age = massive growth

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 2

Agreed, in my 160cm high tent it's all about the LST. I gave up topping autos, some do really well with it while it slows others. Lst keeps that growth spurt going. Combined with a bar/strip led light, I've got a perfect full even canopy on the blue dream I've got finishing now, it's like a scrog without the bother of a net.

• Like 1
Just now, Lister420 said:

it's like a scrog without the bother of a net.

no need for any kind of nets with my method

I get growth so massive that ive been considering going down a pot size

never had this issue when growing normally; topping; supercropping; bending stems over in any other way

but ive opted for cutting a couple of branches away on 1 or 2 plants to keep them fitted in, on this next crop. its not the height, its the girth of 'em

mystic

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

I do 4 in 12L pots in 120 x 120cm, roughly just under double yours, I run out of space in flower

I've got 4x11L pots in a 1.5x1.5x2.2 and I've run out of room.  You don't need mountains of medium to grow monsters. 

Just now, fatboy77 said:

You don't need mountains of medium to grow monsters

I find this too

I have officially ran out of room

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
updated to give the official status of this operation
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, fatboy77 said:

I've got 4x11L pots in a 1.5x1.5x2.2 and I've run out of room.  You don't need mountains of medium to grow monsters. 

How often are you watering them tho - surely that'll be a daily once they kick in?  Pretty impressive tho still, I'd run 6 in your space :)

• Like 1
Just now, unity said:

How often are you watering them tho - surely that'll be a daily once they kick in? 

And the rest.  I water 3x a day sometimes, 2L a pop.  I'm a coco grower and this gives me coco-like growth without the run-off bollocks to deal with. 

14 hours ago, Eldo said:

**also also being a newbie I want to handle seeds as little as possible. Would germination rate be affected much my placing straight in the soil??

Thanks

Hi mate, welcome to the community!

In the same boat as you on my first grow but 10 days ahead of you, I strongly recommend that your read serpents guide to autos pinned in this forum I soaked my seeds just as he says for 36 hrs took them out once they cracked and sank and planted seem side down into soil 2 days later they already had Cotyledons out

hope this helps a bit

Seawolf

• Like 1

Thanks everyone :)

Think im going to go with 2 plants the quick satan and the hasty & tasty put straight into 10l fabric pots. @Seawolf cheers mate I did look at that way but know how delicate those little roots are and also how clumsy I am lol Good luck with your 1st grow BTW!!

How ofter will I need to water if I go 10l pots under 150w led?

Daily is most I can do every other day would be better

Thanks again everyone 

Edited by Eldo
Just now, Eldo said:

Thanks everyone :)

Think im going to go with 2 plants the quick satan and the hasty & tasty put straight into 10l fabric pots. @Seawolf cheers mate I did look at that way but know how delicate those little roots are and also how clumsy I am lol Good luck with your 1st grow BTW!!

How ofter will I need to water if I go 10l pots under 150w led?

Daily is most I can do every other day would be better

Thanks again everyone 

Thanks you too!

And i grow in 11L pots I used a pump sprayer every 2-3 days make sure not to over do it a little goes a long way with seedlings especially autos, 2 days ago they had their first proper watering 2L water which was still a bit too much i think so next time ill do 1.5 litre. BTW are you planning on using that 150W all the way through to flower? I started seedlings with 250w HPS and moved up to 400w after 7 days... You want to make the most of your auto veg stages as you only have a few weeks at most to get them mature