Thailand dreams of high-end cannabis tourism after marijuana is legalised

highgrower

On 06/04/2022 at 1:26 AM, Boojum said:

Sorry, I just don't get it, doesn't matter how many plants you grow, 0.2% THC is still 0.2% THC. 6 plants with 0.2% THC is still not worth growing (unless you're growing it purely for the CBD).

Mornin boojum, Thai grower said that anything over 6 plants will be subject to the 0.2 % restriction unless you have a licence. He lives in Thailand so knows what’s going on the problem is the article doesn’t make that clear.

Edited by LA LUNA
Sorry mate he’s already explained it
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

Thanks for adding your insight about the restrictions on plant cultivation in Thailand. It's good to have that additional information, as the article you linked to may not have been entirely clear on the issue.

I was in Thailand a couple of weeks ago (lucky me) and there are weed shops literally everywhere you go- most are very sleek and well operated it seems - and all sell a good variety of weed and edibles - we didn’t see any hash. 
the quality of the bud also looks very good and people are enjoying a hassle free smoke everywhere you turn!

We even stayed in a hotel where they had a weed menu at the reception desk!

( The Sensi Paradise on Koh Tao, before you ask…) 

• Like 5

Thanks for adding your insight about the restrictions on plant cultivation in Thailand. It's good to have that additional information, as the article you linked to may not have been entirely clear on the issue.

If you're interested in learning more about wellness and alternative health topics like this, you might want to check out mindbodygreen.com. They have a lot of great articles and resources on all sorts of topics related to healthy living.

Edited by Reso1ution

• 1 month later...

Turns out if cannabis has recriminization? it's because of a grudge involving two parties

The winner of the election is angry the BJT party wouldn't back drinks monopoly bill, turns out he owns a craft beer company a clear conflict of interest 

large.Screenshot_20230525-031759.jpg

Edited by redbeard
  • Like 1

Yes, the latest election is putting everything in the air again. 

Personally I don't see it going away any time soon. Too many big players in government have their slice of the pie. 

I can just see there being more regulation in the future but it's too late, the cat is out the bag. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Thai Stick said:

Yes, the latest election is putting everything in the air again. 

Personally I don't see it going away any time soon. Too many big players in government have their slice of the pie. 

I can just see there being more regulation in the future but it's too late, the cat is out the bag. 

Hope your right buddy could be a great place to relocate in a few years.

Thaksins daughter is a right bitch though and very anti cannabis so it depends what part in the coilition she will play?

She wants it medicinal only, for a few conditions.

• Like 1

A press release from the new move forward party stated an amnesty is on the cards for all marijuana businesses and those who are found in possession will be prosecuted although it will be available for medical use.

So it looks like the good days are over for Thailand.

It doesn't say under what conditions you'll be able to get medical use for or whether foreigners will also be able to get it?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Being a regular visitor to Thailand albeit the same island every year, and the laws may or may not be reversed, but one thing for certain is our smoking experience will be much better whatever the outcome. I visited most of the newly opened growshops, and made good friendships with the majority of them and they had good weed for sale. But the best I had was from a regular old grower who had some of the best strains available due to the influx. Even though it was legalised, the missus and I still smoked mainly on our balcony as we are still more comfoortable this way. There were a few places that we visit off the beaten tracks that we did smoke, but there were no children of families present.

I have just booked  flights and am very very excited at the prospect of enjoying another holidy like last years, added bonus !!!!! I retire in the February, and oh boy have I been waiting for this :)

Vill

• Like 4

Will Thailand not just go the same way as anywhere that goes legal? People with proper money continuing earning from it. A small few locals with good markets nick a percentage of the market? Only say it as couple mates of mine are out there and mostly all talk but got more money to burn than any local Thai. Feel bad about it as think the locals should get to earn from it. Money always wins though

Same as everything isn't it..

I seen Berner recently go to Thailand and  he couldn't believe the beauty of thailand, he loved the place, as many do!

but when he came back all he could mention on his insta page  was the opportunities and the beauty faded into potential  dollar signs in front  of his eyes!

Same old!!

• Like 2

Seems the same with every industry maybe it's just human nature. If you think different chances are you ain't in the position. Sad but true 

• Like 2