2 TUBE T5 Vs LED STRIP

Guest Default Attribute

Guest Default Attribute

Hey, I have limited space to start seeds and have to choose between a 2ft 2 tube t5 unit or one of those 25w secret jardin led strips, what would be the best option for starting seeds under for the first week or so ? Thanks!

I'm still a fan of t5 for mums, cutting, seedlings and young plants. 

It's a nice kind light 

• Like 7

T5 all day

The Secret Jardin are wank 

I brought a Migro Veg fixture when he still made them and I wish I hadn't .....Ive got used to using it now and it is superior, but I had to add all sorts for kit to make that happen (heaters/humidifier etc)

The old T5 board I had was a better 6500K spectrum and as @blackpoolbouncer said...'Its a nice kind light'

:yep:

• Like 5

Anyone used one of the TLED units? 6000k spectrum and looks like it's just under half the power of the T5. 

Seeing as there's a few T5 aficionados in here, a question: for a propagator that's about 60x40cm, would the 2-tube fixture be sufficient or should I grab the 4-tube? 

T5 in winter/autumn

and 25watt led batten from screwfux in summer.  I have two of the 25 watters and even they can be too much if not careful 

21 hours ago, Gaijin said:

Seeing as there's a few T5 aficionados in here, a question: for a propagator that's about 60x40cm, would the 2-tube fixture be sufficient or should I grab the 4-tube? 

2-tube is sufficient enough but I've got the 4-tube and find that extra width usefull as the seedling canopy matches the width after about 14 days.especially if you've got 2+ seedlings.

• Like 1

i bought one of them 100w led bars from diyled and it's bloody good, i use an old heated prop base to keep them warm

the bar is a bit long, 1.2m, i had to cut a hole in the side of the kitchen unit to get it in the cupboard lol but perfect otherwise, and very adjustable

• Like 3