When to turn up the light

Darknight420710

Hey everyone, i hope someone can help

Ive no idea what wattage I should have my light,

the plants are only 2 weeks old and I'm drawing 60w off the wall with a Par+275w hanging around 17" above the top of plants.

Can anyone advise when I should turn this up and at what intervals do I increase going into veg and flower. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

autos or photos 

what make is the light.

if it were me I would leave the light  height and gradually increase the power to max over the next week or so.

Ive got some autos about a week behind you and they are under full 170W from day 1, so yours should be ok 

Edited by RUFUS HOUND
  • Like 1

Imo it will depend on your environment as a whole. If your environment is not all good and you push too hard with your lights, you'll just stress your plants. 

Mine is 2 weeks old (Photoperiod) and drawing 80w at 24" height. She prays with that but I have too low humidity (I don't have a humidifier due to no RO water and expense) If I increase, even 5w she stops praying. If I drop the light, she stops praying. So try to find where she prays and at what height and watts and see how she responds. 

Praying - When the leaves are stretching up and stiff (Turgor) to the light not shying away from the light; not quite like dropping leaves from overwatering but bending down.

Edited by QFMAC
  • Like 6

QFMAC advice is on point. Too many variables involved to give specific information. Build up to about half power during veg and then build up to full power by the time flowering is in full swing. You'll get about 1000 micromole (PPFD) at 18" from the light which is the sweet spot for most people.

• Like 5