First Grow ever - Mephisto - PH & Humidity Question

Bobcharlieeeee

So, just started my First grow, put 8 seeds into Germination, 2 3Bears OG, 3 CDLC x Forum stomper and 3 Sour Gummy bears, 7 germinated out of 8 with 1 3Bears OG not sprouting.  So 7 plants to start all straight into 3 gall fabric pots. 

Im going to be using Biobizz soil and nutes.

Now while i wait for my seedlings to emerge, i have a couple of questions id like clearing up. 

1. Biobizz recomends a PH of 6.2 to 6.5 - I have high PH at about 7.2 to 7.6 - Will this be an issue? iv read because of soil acting as a buffer it shouldn't matter, if that's the case why do Biobizz recommend 6.3?  

2. Temps are sitting around 24-27c, however my humidity fluctuates around 35-45%, is that too low humidity for seedlings? 

Edited by Bobcharlieeeee
  • Like 1

No expert, but i think biobizz' ph about 4.7, so adding it to your water will lower ph into the spec range....

good luck with the grow

Good luck with the first grow, mate :yep: 

I'm no expert, but I'd say your humidity needs to be higher, especially at this stage. Temps are good. 

Ph I know little about, but I keep seeing on here, "soil buffers itself" ..... 

If your using compost/potting mix then you don't have to worry about PH. 

Rh is a fair bit low at this stage you want 60-75%, it will rise as the plants get bigger, but if you want to bring it up now a humidifier is a good idea, you can also stick a wet towel/sponge in there, Ideally with a fan blowing on it and some heat underneath it.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, chilled artist said:

No expert, but i think biobizz' ph about 4.7, so adding it to your water will lower ph into the spec range....

good luck with the grow

Sorry mate, confused, is 4.7 the PH of the soil? or are you talking about Biobizz Bio Down? 

@Gaijin cheers mate, going to need it hahah

Any recommendations on how to increase humidity? i dont have a humidifier, and im worried they will sprout before i can get one on order / delivered. 

• Like 1

@MindSoup thanks mate, il leave the PH as it is. Iv put a dish in there with some water infront of the intake but its not doing much at the moment, 

Might have to try and find a humidifier at short notice hahha 

• Like 2

Are they in a propogator or covered with some sort of dome cover that can be lightly sprayed with water? A suitable enclosure with the vent closed will provide raised humidity. 

I've never had much joy with wet towels, bowls of water etc & prefer a humidifier for the early stages. 

• Like 2

I'd be very careful using a propagator, young canna plants love to damp off. If you did use one you'd want to keep a very close eye the humidity didn't get too high. 

1 minute ago, Goodbloke said:

Are they in a propogator or covered with some sort of dome cover that can be lightly sprayed with water? A suitable enclosure with the vent closed will provide raised humidity. 

I've never had much joy with wet towels, bowls of water etc & prefer a humidifier for the early stages. 

Nope no propagator or cover, iv heard its not a good idea, i can cover them with some clear cups i have

4 hours ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

Sorry mate, confused, is 4.7 the PH of the soil? or are you talking about Biobizz Bio Down? 

biobizz bloom ph is 4.7.... so adding it to 7.0 ph water will surely bring your water ph down

17 hours ago, chilled artist said:

biobizz bloom ph is 4.7.... so adding it to 7.0 ph water will surely bring your water ph down

i cant feed bloom at seedling stage 

• Like 1