dripper advice

sweettooth

I bought an add on system a while back and have just got round to building it

I've got an aquaking Q2007 rated at 3600L/hr. its connected to a ring of 25mm pipe around my tent. I have 4 8way manifolds which was supposed to be connected to pressure compensated drippers rated at 2L/hr with 2 dripper per pot via 4mm pipe

I've either misplaced lots or bought the 12 pot system and I now have 16 pots so I'm short on drippers.

Could I get away with standard flood drippers with 1 on each pot and have smaller watering intervals or is the pressure too much? all my lines from the manifolds are the same length

update... hoping someone can shed some light

rigged up the system for a test run tonight.

Single large ring with 4 standard 8 way manifolds. I have blocked off 4 outputs per manifold by joining them using 4mm pipe so I have 4 drip lines per manifold, all the same length going to blue flood drippers,  1 per pot. I did this as I had already cut my lines and wanted an equal balance...maybe I was wrong??

anyway, flow rate is good although I have some, closest to the pump strangely enough, that are half the rate of the others?? 

I may grab the other missing pressure regulated drippers that I'm missing and rig up 2 per pot ot am I better off just doing the entire system from scratch again?

6 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

Can really help you there as I never set one myself but here's a bump :skin_up:

cheers mate

I've stuck with 1 blue flood dripper per pot for now. timer set to 30 second feed twice a day. I will be going up for the first few days to monitor and observe.   tank is filled with 200L. I'm nervous lol

I do have some extra 4mm tube and 32 2L/hr pressure regulated drippers to switch to should I feel the flood drippers aren't giving an equal dose. fingers crossed. I may also add a second blue stake per pot.... who knows?????

I also think the flow rate was caused by air being pushed out the system. we shall see

thanks for the bunp

Edited by sweettooth
  • Like 1

Just now, sweettooth said:

cheers mate

I've stuck with 1 blue flood dripper per pot for now. timer set to 30 second feed twice a day. I will be going up for the first few days to monitor and observe.   tank is filled with 200L. I'm nervous lol

Been thinking about that,I have almost 2kw of leccy should I add 200l water tank on that,no way I'll rather break my back lol

@Herbal Kint

I'm tired of watering twice a day. now I should only have to fill the tank every 5 or 6 days. hosepipe rigged upto to the bathroom tap, takes 15 mins to fill up. the tank is 250L but I'll start with 200 for now lol

• Like 1

Just now, sweettooth said:

the tank is 250L but I'll start with 200 for now

You'll need an aquarium heater in there bud, set to 20c will keep the water nice and warm,

'Eheim' are the ones I use along with a cheap thermometer to keep an eye on temps.

Just now, stu914 said:

You'll need an aquarium heater in there bud, set to 20c will keep the water nice and warm,

'Eheim' are the ones I use along with a cheap thermometer to keep an eye on temps.

ill be visiting the shop tomo and getting one. they stock the Hydor Theo water heaters

• Like 1

I know where it's coming from,I'd love to set coco system. But I've seen so many leaks ill put tank in a tank just in case lol

all seems to be working well. set timer in the end to 40 seconds. comes on at 8pm lights on, 2am and 8am lights off.

was out shopping but missus said she could hear it from the lounge so will have to investigate hanging the pump so it's not Sat on the floor.

heater in, had to use a kilner jar lid on some string as a weight as the bloody thing floats, suckers won't stick to the flexitank.

now to setup the MJ1000 to keep the res mixed 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2022 at 10:24 PM, Herbal Kint said:

I know where it's coming from,I'd love to set coco system. But I've seen so many leaks ill put tank in a tank just in case lol

I lined my space with membrane just incase. Been over two years and haven't yet needed it but it gives me massive piece of mind large.20191012_184029-1209x587.jpg

• Like 3