Autoflowers in coco how do I feed ?

Tommytopper

I’m about to start growing autoflowers for the first time I’ve grown In coco for years and use shogun nutrients can I still use these or Is there Pacific autoflower Nutrients

Thanks 

Just the same, but go a bit lower on dosage and use your eyes if they need more. The time lost sorting problems is lost yield, you don't want to be overfeeding and getting lockouts, the autos will be flowering in 3-4 weeks from planting, come what may. The time it takes to fix it may well result in reduced growth and, ultimately, loss of yield. That limited veg time is where you try and pack all the real growth in by minimising stress. Have fun!

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 3

I’m trying to create a conveyor system from seedlings to veg to flower, I’ll start from the far left of my room add a new plant every 7/10 days and move them across a space round to the right until I’ve got 8/10 plants running all a week or so old then the on to there left, I know I’ll have a lot of different nutrient to mix but I’m happy to do so I enjoy spending time with my grow it’s relaxing I think 

Once my autos have their roots I feed several times a day at around 1.0 to 1.2 throughout. So really from week 3 or 4 so no need to make loads of nutrient feed. I make a load at .7 for first few weeks a d then up to 1.2.

Simples.

I like your conveyor idea....

• Like 1

I’ve been told I need to use a large pot 20 ltrs or so and put the seeds straight into that, how do I stop nutrient build up in the pot when then plants are small as I won’t be feeding a lot of water so I won’t get any run off ? 

im thinking once a week completely flush the pot out with plain water will this work 

thanks again 

That might be good practice in compo but 20l coco sounds like an overkill unless your going for 250g+ plants

I'd like to hear more on how to treat small autos in coco,I'd guess best way would be to pot up?

Anyone starting autos in coco straight to final pot?

E2a I'd use nutes your already using

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1

Hello - I made the switch from refs to autos last year, have only grown in coco for 20 or so years in a recirc Wilma system. I have a similar to what you are doing, I pop a couple of seeds every week to ten days and every week or two I chop one or two, keeps me in smoke and give a huge variety, my grove bag set up is now like a top shelf at a dispensary - loads of different strains. Once you pop you can’t stop

I didn’t change a thing, same nutrients, same schedule, I top, I train and do everything the same. Sometime I pot in to finals other times I pot up, very little difference noticed. 
if you do go big they take a touch longer to root, once they take though - they go quick, and they decide when they flip - which is important when running multiple strains and plant times. Planted a seed in to a 39ltr bag it took a while to take, but it finished nice and big. It’s all horses for courses. 

imho - same really, but a lot quicker and the quality is definitely there now as well 

enjoy 

Edited by zaaboot_1
Soell
  • Like 1

Just now, Herbal Kint said:

That might be good practice in compo but 20l coco sounds like an overkill unless your going for 250g+ plants

I'd like to hear more on how to treat small autos in coco,I'd guess best way would be to pot up?

Anyone starting autos in coco straight to final pot?

E2a I'd use nutes your already using

For small pots, I put them straight in the coco and keep it moist, my small pots are 4ltr - it controls the size and does speed up the finish time but it restricts final quantity harvested. I have seen solo cup autos in coco - they also do fine, but they finish small obviously. 
the seeds are becoming so so much better - uniformity and quality are there. I see people run 16 x4 late pots in a 1.2m tent, same strain from seed, generally a great sea of green and strain dependent with the smaller pots you could be from seed to chop in 60 days. 

• Like 2

@Tommytopper Are you  using airpots? If so, 10-12.5L will be fine. Done 20's and 15's with no difference. Doing 12.5L this year. Unless you are really on point, using CO2 and using a known big strain, like automazar or auto night queen, you won't need it that big. Done autos in airpots and coco for two years. Biggest yield was 216g (8.5oz) on one plant, mostlly average 4-5oz... it all depends on the plant's genetics, when you've got it worked out. I start in 80mm netpots and leave the pot on, then 1L netpot, then final in an airpot... no trauma to the roots and the pots get filled with roots. Some people start their autos in peat pots. 

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Tommytopper said:

coco for years and use shogun nutrients

this is what I use - shogun coco a&b; shogun calmag; ecothrive coco lite 70/30; 

can I still use these

yes

Pacific autoflower Nutrients

not specific Autoflowering nutrients but definitely get the coco a&b as its formulated for coco's.....  'issues'

2 hours ago, Tommytopper said:

how do I stop nutrient build up in the pot when then plants are small as I won’t be feeding a lot of water so I won’t get any run off ? 

run-off is what you want bro. run off stops you getting the nutrient build-up. when the plants are small I would only be watering them in a small circle around the size of the plant, and still get a little run-off, although you won't want a massive amount of run-off when your plants are that small. just 20-30% or so.

m thinking once a week completely flush the pot out with plain water will this work 

I wouldn't do that, flushing once a week. there's no point unless you are trying to clear a problem. flushing, even for a day, can drain or cause your plants to drain on the leaves during growth, in my limited experience. just feed every day if you can. in flower, when my lights are on full power, my pots dry out enough (with a little syringing out) that I can feed/water every 12 hours.

put the seeds straight into that,

I start my seeds off in glass water/paper towel. but do whatever familiar to you. planting straight into the final pot does work.

hope some of this helps

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mysticriver said:

this is what I use - shogun coco a&b; shogun calmag; ecothrive coco lite 70/30; 

yes

not specific Autoflowering nutrients but definitely get the coco a&b as its formulated for coco's.....  'issues'

run-off is what you want bro. run off stops you getting the nutrient build-up. when the plants are small I would only be watering them in a small circle around the size of the plant, and still get a little run-off, although you won't want a massive amount of run-off when your plants are that small. just 20-30% or so.

I wouldn't do that, flushing once a week. there's no point unless you are trying to clear a problem. flushing, even for a day, can drain or cause your plants to drain on the leaves during growth, in my limited experience. just feed every day if you can. in flower, when my lights are on full power, my pots dry out enough (with a little syringing out) that I can feed/water every 12 hours.

I start my seeds off in glass water/paper towel. but do whatever familiar to you. planting straight into the final pot does work.

hope some of this helps

mystic

thank you very much