Going to give led’s a go from hps

Tommytopper

I’m going to try led lights a lot of my friends are using them tho k it’s about time I give them a go 

I’m about to start a perpetual autoflower room I’m hoping to have a plant harvested every 7/10 days

im going to try a variety or strains and seed banks then settle with 1 or 2 full time 

purple punch is the first on my list plus some of these new Cali strains 

I’m using 3 x 600w hps and going to swap over to 3 x 660 led most likely maxi bright pro 

anybody willing to advise me on this regarding yield bud quality and so on  

ive got a large growing area so light dimensions aren’t a problem 

thanks 

Just now, ratdog said:

you will need to adjust for the heat loss/leaf temps unless you are already battling it

Am not sure what you mean ? 

do you mean adding extra heat into the room with a heater ? 

thanks for your reply 

Edited by Tommytopper

Just now, Tommytopper said:

do you mean adding extra heat into the room with a heater ?

yes mate, depends on your set up but i have to either use a decent heater or i mix hps with led to get the leaf temps up

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Tommytopper said:

I’m using 3 x 600w hps and going to swap over to 3 x 660 led most likely maxi bright pro 

Do speak to site sponsor ledgrowlights.co.uk before you choose/buy your lights.

• Like 2

Just now, ratdog said:

yes mate, depends on your set up but i have to either use a decent heater or i mix hps with led to get the leaf temps up

ive got quite a high tech setup using an enviro controller that I can plug my oil filled radiator in 

thanks for your info 

have you used led before? Do you notice any difference in the bud 

thanks again 

Just now, monkeypig said:

Do speak to site sponsor ledgrowlights.co.uk before you choose/buy your lights.

thanks I’ll look into it now 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tommytopper said:

have you used led before? Do you notice any difference in the bud 

yes, not really tbh, but then i haven't done many pure led grows due to temps being low most of the year.

i did grow some monsters last summer under pure led,  had about 8 ounces from a single goji og and it was a banger, so it's all good, better penetration with the led's.

• Like 2

@Tommytopper

what @fatboy77 said. I think you're in a 1.2 x 2.4. you'll only need 2 of those 660w leds to cover that space (I'm using similar in a 1.5 x 3 and the coverage is fine) plus the photons the led kicks out will be probably equal to the lumens of those 3 600w hps combined, maybe more. A 600w led is on par with a 1000w hps

• Like 2

Is a quarter unused or for something else?  Each light will pull 40oz and more if you have the skills, space and pheno's for it. 

6 hours ago, fatboy77 said:

Is a quarter unused or for something else?  Each light will pull 40oz and more if you have the skills, space and pheno's for it. 

hi mate yes i grow in like a L shape with a corner if you like for a chair isolating fan, trimming machine and so on 

@Tommytopper led lights are different to hps and the watts are lower than the 600w the sold has most 600w led are pulling about 125w so not good enough for flowering

However the maxibright daylight led 600w led are good lights im trying to save now to get them I have the maxibright led 200w for vegging and use a 400w hps for flowering and a heater set 25° which is in tent with in and out fan on twin fan controller good luck but leds are expensive for the good ones capable of flowering 

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed
  • Like 1