QFMAC

large.Screenshot_20220319-135730_Gallery.jpglarge.20220319_135614.jpgHi guys.

I have these little critters many times each day trying to get into my tent. Always on the vent mesh. I can't see any infestation around my tent but these things keep coming. Does anyone know what they are? Or if they are a possible problem if they do succeed in getting into my tent?

Cheers.

They’re carpet beetles. They don’t harm the plants, they’re looking for pollen. I’ve been finding some on my window but it’s the first time I’ve ever seen them. 

Why do I have carpet beetles in my home?

Because carpet beetles feed on natural fibers and particles, they are especially attracted to any or all the following: 

• Wool (including carpets, rugs and other woolen goods)

• Animal skins and furs

• Stuffed animals

• Feathers

• Human hair

• Pet hair

• Leather book bindings

• Animal horns

• Whalebones

• Silk

They also eat dried plant products and silk plants. Inside homes, these “fuzzy” bugs are often found on the floor or around baseboards, in closets, beneath upholstered furniture and on the undersides of carpeting.  Carpet beetles, like many other pests, enter the home from the outside.  Adult carpet beetles frequent homes and buildings by entering through small cracks and openings around windows, doors, and from underneath siding.  They will also use electrical lines and above-ground pipes that lead into the home.

• Like 2

A carpet beetle, won't cause any harm to your plants but will eat your carpets/clothes etc! 

Check out any places some pet food or fishing bait etc, could have been left for too long as a start :pitchfork:

• Like 1

Giving it a good Google cleaning thoroughly and using sticky traps is your only Defense against them but if they were a known weed pest you’d of heard about them long before now.

it looks like a furniture carpet beetle, they can fly in from outside. 

• Like 1

@Whatwentwrong @Whortleberry

Thanks guys. They didn't look like trouble but you never know :yep:

I do have carpet in my bedroom and I regularly vacuum. I've never had trouble before so I guess they have recently found there way in by chance as nothing has changed.

Thanks again.