Stems brown, curling upwards leaves.

TheOneTrueBob

Hello, this is my first grow and I know I have already made a few mistakes but still trying to carry on, this problem I think is serious tho, the leaves are starting to curl up and the stems are all turning brown, can anyone tell me what's going on?

large.IMG_17032022_164722_(1129_x_1500_pixel).jpg

I'm disabled so taking photos is hard so this is as best as I can do.

Thank you everyone!!!

Edited by TheOneTrueBob
  • Like 1
Just now, Mr mcgregor said:

Relax it looks fine, just a little hungry and dry...is that coco you have them In ? 

Yes they are in Coco, they are being fed 0.5ml of advanced nutrition in 1 liter of water per week.

What would you suggest I do?

Looks a bit low on nitrogen, and the taco'ing leaves would usually indicate heat stress.
I have noticed that plants tend to burn through their nitrogen faster when they are exposed to stronger light.

If you are underwatering then the leaves will be more susceptible to heat stress. What is your watering like? Do you let the medium dry out completely? 

Do you know the temperature at/near the canopy?

If you include some details such as your growth medium, nutrient feeding schedule and lighting, would give folk a better idea of what could be up.

• Like 1

Water is 500ml every three days.

Temp is 25c ambient air.

0.5ml of advanced nutrition in 1 liter of water per week.

Coco as medium.

24 hour lighting.

Sorry for lack of info, new to this.

• Like 1

@TheOneTrueBob the leaf curling could be canoeing caused by heat/light stress, if your using hps could be too hot but if your under leds could be too intense a light which can be remedied by either raising the height of the light or dial it right down if its dimable,  hope that helps man 

• Like 1

Make sure you have some air circulation from a desk fan or something similar. If the air is stagnant then heat would build up on the leaves more easily. 
Good circulation keeps the whole grow area the same temp (which will be lower than if it was concentrated in one spot).

What are the exact names of the nutrition products you're using?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Should Know Betterer said:

@TheOneTrueBob the leaf curling could be canoeing caused by heat/light stress, if your using hps could be too hot but if your under leds could be too intense a light which can be remedied by either raising the height of the light or dial it right down if its dimable,  hope that helps man 

I have had a huge problem with the plant stretching so I had to lower the light alot, it's currently 10 inches from the top of the plant, this has caused it to stop stretching but has caused the other problem.

Just now, Mesopotamia101 said:

Make sure you have some air circulation from a desk fan or something similar. If the air is stagnant then heat would build up on the leaves more easily. 
Good circulation keeps the whole grow area the same temp (which will be lower than if it was concentrated in one spot).

What are the exact names of the nutrition products you're using?

I have two 6 inches fans on max, one at the bottom, one at the top, the airflow seems really powerful out the exhaust.

I'm using advanced nutrients, grow, micro, bloom at half suggested dosage.

I have two heaters in there to keep it warm, which kept it around 28c now I have turned one of them off so it's 25c

I don't know if it's taking a long time to respond to the changes I have made or if it's getting worse.

I made the changes 3 days ago but seems like it's getting worse.

Maybe I'm not watering it enough...I am quite worried about overwatering also 

No way you’re going to overwater a plant that size in those tiny pots. Feed them to runoff daily. I’m guessing your humidity is low too. What’s the RH?

• Like 2

@TheOneTrueBobif it's possible for you to do try lifting the pot and feel how wet it feels through one of the holes in the bottom, if it feels wet leave it, if it feels dry water it, I'm not a coco (pronounced choir by some) person so can't really advise on watering frequency etc

• Like 1
Just now, SnakePlissken said:

No way you’re going to overwater a plant that size in those tiny pots. Feed them to runoff daily. I’m guessing your humidity is low too. What’s the RH?

I think you mean my pot is huge and my plant is tiny right?

My humidity is 60%