Autos - Room temp vs Root temp?

Bobcharlieeeee

19 hours ago, Hubbabubba said:

Hi are you running a continuous extraction system to keep humidity controlled and pull fresh air through your grow also filter out unwanted smell’s.
I am just thinking what happens if your temperature remains below the 29c you have set for your infinity fan.

all the best.

I have it set to a minimum fan speed of 1, which pulls quite abit of air in / out. The fans are never not running.

I have it set so every degree over my maximum, the fan speed increases by 2 speeds.

Currently intaking from inside my house doing 24/0 light schedule, i turned my light up slightly which has increased temperatures, its now sitting at 27.5 - 28c with the fans kicking in alot, which i would like to bring down to about 25c. 

Im thinking about changing to 20/4 light schedule, and changing my intake from inside my house, to from inside my garage which is cooler (if house is 20c the garage is about 15c). However i fear if i do both at the same time with the current outside temps it might cool it down too much.

I think il change light schedule first and see what happens

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

I have it set to a minimum fan speed of 1, which pulls quite abit of air in / out. The fans are never not running.

I have it set so every degree over my maximum, the fan speed increases by 2 speeds.

Currently intaking from inside my house doing 24/0 light schedule, i turned my light up slightly which has increased temperatures, its now sitting at 27.5 - 28c with the fans kicking in alot, which i would like to bring down to about 25c. 

Im thinking about changing to 20/4 light schedule, and changing my intake from inside my house, to from inside my garage which is cooler (if house is 20c the garage is about 15c). However i fear if i do both at the same time with the current outside temps it might cool it down too much.

I think il change light schedule first and see what happens

I run my grow on 24/7 for stability and consistency. Good fortune to you.

• Like 1
On 17/03/2022 at 8:06 AM, MindSoup said:

Thats a bit low, ideally roots want to be at least low 20s up to about 28 (I aim for 24), anything below that and you'll slow them down a fair bit. Air Temps don't seem to he as crucial in my experience, if you're keeping your roots the right temperature the air will usually stay in the sweet spot as well. 

I echo the above, Roots are more important to keep within a small window of temperature, Air temps also depends on what your RH% is so you can keep maximum VPD, Some users on here when having low RH or in late flower would lower their temps (within reason) to keep VPD in check/lower mold risks and don't seem to have any problems having the air temps lower as long then root temps are in check, I'd assume it's the same for auto's.

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Hubbabubba said:

I run my grow on 24/7 for stability and consistency. Good fortune to you.

I tried 20/4 yesterday, but the temps got too low, dropped about 10c in half an hour, so i chickened out and switched the light back on.:mellow: Think i will keep to 24/0 and change my intake from inside of my house to inside the garage to see if that helps. 

• Like 3

Your gonna get a temp swing whenever the lights go off / on as even leds give off a bit of heat - changing to a slightly cooler intake would give more consistent temps.

As your fans seem to working well controlling the temp, why not just lower the temp setting that the fans start at ?

• Like 1
16 hours ago, RUFUS HOUND said:

Your gonna get a temp swing whenever the lights go off / on as even leds give off a bit of heat - changing to a slightly cooler intake would give more consistent temps.

As your fans seem to working well controlling the temp, why not just lower the temp setting that the fans start at ?

Yeh im expecting a swing but it dropped to like 18-19c and was falling, would 18c at lights out be too cold for 4hrs? 

Iv swapped my intake from inside the house to from inside the garage which is cooler and now giving more consistent temp, 

I can lower the temp setting however it means the fans are running alot more, i was trying to minimise the fans to save on leccy abit, but i can always lower it further if need be. 

My light seems to really give off abit of heat, it goes from ambient temp of say 18c to 27c in about half an hour, i think iv insulated the room too well haha 

my leds run at 40'c are you running lights at night - I have my off period between 12 and 4 pm during the hottest part of day (tent in loft)

perhaps a bit of thermal mass would help slow that temp fall - im doing a little trial to see if a tent full of driveway blocks helps 

• Like 1

sorry correction - im running lights 18/6 with my autos, off at 10am / on at 4pm.

just a thought -  running lights 24hrs will keep your temps steady but if your fans are running to often, try opening a vent on the tent to draw in cooler air.