Top spin drippers

desertshaman

Hi all 

I have been wanting to set up some drippers for my soil plants. Got right plants in a mix of 6 and 11 litre pots in a 1*1 m tent..

Currently on day 18 of flower.

I invested in the top spin high pressure kit 12 to 24 plant kit... Does anyone run these or have a link to a guide to best use these?

Thanks in advance :smokin:

DS

I used to run them (only stopped cos I stopped growing, back hand watering now and can't wait to get some drippers again).

They're great for their simplicity, they regulate the pressure so that all drippers are equal. I used coco so aimed for 20% run off, I then timed how long it took the drippers to get 20% run off and then set a timer to run for that long thereafter.

• Like 3

Cheers @dingo bingo

What res did you use and did you have a heater? I went for the Alien 280L res.

Is there is like a an idiots guide or a video ? I have never used drippers before. Didn't find much on these on the site either.. 

Cheers

DS

10 hours ago, desertshaman said:

Cheers @dingo bingo

What res did you use and did you have a heater? I went for the Alien 280L res.

Is there is like a an idiots guide or a video ? I have never used drippers before. Didn't find much on these on the site either.. 

Cheers

DS

The res was just a standard garden one, about 250L iirc. I always used a heater as the res was outside the growroom. If a res is inside growroom it may get too warm and cause problems.

I learned everything I know in a DIY dripper thread on here somewhere.... The main difficulty with DIY drippers is getting an equal flow but the Top Spin drippers do that for you. As badbillybob says you should definitely use an anti-syphon valve. May also be worth adding an inline filter to stop any potential blockage too. Other than that you can pretty much just attach the Top Spin to your water pump and you're good to go.

• Like 2

Cheers guys...I have had a good browse through the diy dripper threads and I do have an anti syphon valve and an inline filter. Will post pics of the setup for any trouble shooting and to prevent me doing something stupid if that's okay...

Thanks for the help:yep: 

Love my top spin drippers ! Really simple and haven’t had a problem with them in ten years or so ! Make sure you clean the hubs out between grows and they will keep on drippin on 

• Like 1

Hi all

Just got everything out and there's literally no instructions, so was hoping I could post some pics here and get some help

I had a dripper kit before this which was much simpler, so I am pretty befuddled

Not the best technically so am feeling a bit stressed, don't want to end up with a flood and am goin away in11 days for 6 nights for an unavoidable family thing, so I really need this to work...:eek:

So I ordered a 12-24 high pressure topspin dripper kit

1 inch tubing

3600l/H pump

This is the pic off the website:

large.6238cad986ebc_topspinpg12.jpg

I ordered a few extra bits from another website in case I needed them

This is what I have:

large.IMG20220321175724.jpg

Close ups of the above items

large.IMG20220321175729.jpglarge.IMG20220321175735.jpglarge.IMG20220321175746.jpg

If one of you kind gents could explain which bit goes where, and name the far too many numerous bits I have I would be most grateful as I am well confused...

I will go have another read of the diy dripper  thread

Cheers all

DS

On 3/17/2022 at 11:02 AM, dingo bingo said:

The res was just a standard garden one, about 250L iirc. I always used a heater as the res was outside the growroom. If a res is inside growroom it may get too warm and cause problems.

I learned everything I know in a DIY dripper thread on here somewhere.... The main difficulty with DIY drippers is getting an equal flow but the Top Spin drippers do that for you. As badbillybob says you should definitely use an anti-syphon valve. May also be worth adding an inline filter to stop any potential blockage too. Other than that you can pretty much just attach the Top Spin to your water pump and you're good to go.

Hiya @dingo bingo

That's interesting thanks man. I was planning on having my res inside ambient temps are 20-25c in the grow room. Do you think this is an issue? Also have you had any leaks from your res/ is it solid or fabric?

Cheers

Just now, desertshaman said:

Hiya @dingo bingo

That's interesting thanks man. I was planning on having my res inside ambient temps are 20-25c in the grow room. Do you think this is an issue? Also have you had any leaks from your res/ is it solid or fabric?

Cheers

I'm not sure tbh, research how warm the res can be before pythium will become a problem. As my res was outside the growroom it was never a concern for me. Worst case scenario you may need to invest in a nutrient chiller if you grow through the summer and/or growroom temps are too warm. My res was a solid plastic one. The best tup to avoid leaks IME is to use PTFE tape on any threaded connections.

It looks like you have way more parts than you'll need. Besides any angles etc you need to get the 1" tubing where it needs to be you only need an inline filter (to stop any debris blocking drippers) and an anti-syphon valve (which stops the flow of water when the pump turns off). For controlling the pump I always used one of the cheap digital timers you can get in a poundshop, that worked fine for years for just turning the pump on once a day for a few minutes.

For peace of mind I also used stainless steel hose clips on connections. To get the tubing on connections easily just dunk the tubing in some warm/hot water to soften/expand it.

• Like 1