Trainwreck - FastBuds

DrGreenThumb24

Evening all, just thought I'd throw a few pictures up of my current run. Not a diary as such but will add a few more pics as we go forward towards harvest time!!

Currently got 9 Trainwreck and 1 Crystal Candy (sweetseeds) on the go. All ticking along nicely. Currently nearing the end of week 6.

Fast buds claim this can be taken at week 8 but that ain't going to happen.

8ltr pots

Clover MPC

Intense Dirt Bloom

Canna Boost accelerator

Just added PK 13/14 for week 6

600w HPS (been running at 400w to keep temps down but have now sorted those with another fan)

1.5m x 1.5m tent

Starting to get a few yellow leaves but nothing I'm overly concerned about at the moment....so here we are

large.20220222_182033.jpglarge.20220301_170114.jpglarge.20220309_185723.jpglarge.20220311_172240.jpglarge.20220313_174930.jpglarge.20220313_180855.jpglarge.20220313_180903.jpg

Last picture was taken today so all started to get nice and frosty, hoping they really fatten up now

The cost of the HPS is astronomical at the moment so hoping to get a 600w LED for the next run.

• Like 4

Replacing a 600w sodium with a 600w led will save you exactly zero money dude.

480 ish watts would effectively replace 600w of hps or a 600w led dimmed down a bit would probably give better coverage tbh  , the fact LEDs are more efficient is where the saving is made,  ultimately a watt is a watt regardless and cost the same.

Sorry if I sound like a dick , I'm not trying to be so.

:yinyang:

• Like 2

And don't waste your money on canna boost its a joke and a expensive 1 at that... Not tried others but let me know if any work like side by side.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, BilgePump said:

480 ish watts would effectively replace 600w of hps or a 600w led dimmed down a bit would probably give better coverage tbh  , the fact LEDs are more efficient is where the saving is made,  ultimately a watt is a watt regardless and cost the same.

Nah mate you are fine and appreciate the advice.

Will do some more investigation!

@Smokey90 running autos at the mo as its easier to keep temps consistent. Will be running photos later in the year.

Also, with the Canna Boost, I've never ran anything else...I bought it last year as it was on offer but can't really comment on its effectiveness. The plants don't seem to dislike it, put it that way!!

8 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Well that would save him some leccy ,it's 120w less x 24hours since he is growing autos. Or get 600w zeus and run it on 75% would give same efficiency of 600w hps,25% save? I don't run led its just from what am reading around btw

Ea2 train wreck brings back memories, was a strong canna

Edited by Herbal Kint
1 hour ago, Herbal Kint said:

Well that would save him some leccy ,it's 120w less x 24hours since he is growing autos. Or get 600w zeus and run it on 75% would give same efficiency of 600w hps,25% save? I don't run led its just from what am reading around btw

Ea2 train wreck brings back memories, was a strong canna

Running the lights 20/4 at the moment but as temps creep up during the day with autos I've always been happy with 18/6

I'm thinking either get the 600 zeus and dial it down like you say, or get the 465 and see how it is with coverage. I could always add one of the strips to supplement if needs be.

• Like 1

The Zeus 600w will make much more weed than your 600w hid if you run it at full whack, ok it will cost as much in electricity but you probably won't need to grow as often. Say 2 grows a year instead of 3 but the same amount of weed, that saves loads. It's nice to have a break from it too I find.

• Like 1

So we're now at the end of week 7 and I had some slight issues with lower leaves yellowing off. Added some veg nutes as it was suggested could be nitrogen related but I'm beginning to think It was just down to development. Issue hasn't worsened any further.

Backed off the bloom nutes slightly as well. 

Stats for the week

20/4 

600w

25.3 deg avg lights on

19 deg lights off

3ml/ltr intense bloom

1ml/ltr canna vega (for nitrogen)

1.5ml/ltr PK 13/14

2ml/ltr canna boost 

I'm thinking maybe 2 weeks left on these, could be longer but pistles are turning orange on some of the top.

Haven't had chance to properly look at the trichromes yet but on one top they mostly looked clear 

large.20220321_063255.jpglarge.20220320_101407.jpg

This next one is looking frosssssty!!

large.20220321_063100.jpg

:smokin:

Getting decent photos is a pain in the arse using hps, led is so much easier.

Unless i take them out of the tent i have to turn the lights off and use flash