50 x 80 cm drobe lightning advice

Eldo

Hi uk420

After months of planning a budget stealth grow, just started to get some things together and I've come to the conclusion budget and stealth don't mix very well lol

I have a lumii digital ballast that I had hoped to run at 250w and potentially crank up to 400w in the colder months. Will be using either AC infinity s4 or s6 extraction with passive intake. 

Will this work or will I struggle keeping temps down?

I was planning on mqybe getting some LED lights somewhere down the line possibly 2 viparspectra p600 (95×2 real wattage) phlizon ph 20  1500 (200w) or phlizon rh-30 2000w (300w)

Any advice on wether my digital ballast will be ok or if any other options im looking at are suitable?

Think maybe I'm trying to cram too much into my little drobe lol

personally mate, i think anything over 250w in that space is a waste of power

good luck tho with the grow

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not very clued up on HIDs but I reckon @chilled artist is correct about the wattage, 250 Should be plenty. 

As for temperature issues that may or may not happen depending on where the grow area is situated, in a shed or a poorly insulated loft then it would likely get too hot in summer, if its in a basement then probably not. 

• Like 1

If you put air-cooled reflector guess you could run it at 400. I use dimable lumateks ,usually at 600w and you couldn't belive the difference in heat with air-cooled reflector.

Tho am going led as well,matter of time

• Like 1

Thanks a lot everyone. Seems the more reading i do the more different ideas people have and the more confusing it gets lol

250w in my space will give me 56w per square foot so going to grab a new 250w bulb for the ballast and run it for a few grows and see how it goes?

Can anyone tell me if the 50 watt per square ft still applies to LEDs?

Really do appreciate everyone's input

It's what you prefer,50w is enough.I always go for higher option if environment allows.

Led is more efficient so I guess ratio would go down,type of led and quality matters.

600w zeus is rated to cover up to 1.5m2 ,600w hps is rated to cover 1.2m2.

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1