Lofty Ambitions

J.C

Was going to start a grow diary but don't actually have any plants yet so thought a little build diary will do for now. I've been kicked out of the spare room but did a deal that in return we would get the loft properly sorted before I moved up there.

Floor was raised to accomadate 200mm of insulation and then boarded with 18mm T&G boards. 150mm of Celotex went in between the rafters (with a gap for air movement), this was then plasterboarded, plastered and (badly) painted by me last weekend. Had my sparky friend over this week to put lights and sockets in and I'm left with this:

large.IMG_1450.JPGlarge.IMG_1451.JPGlarge.IMG_1452.JPGlarge.IMG_1453.JPG

Last night was the first time I could get cracking with "my" bits and so started with the underfloor heating. Laid down the 6mm insulating cement boards. Going to get the thermal underlay down tonight, then the foil heating mats and then the vinyl.

large.IMG_1454.JPG

• Like 13

Could do with a few more sockets surely? 

Only messing :clown:

That's going to be sweet, what ya planning in terms of lighting and extraction? 

@KC - Told the sparky it was for a homelab and just kept adding them, easier to put them in now than half way through a grow!

So I actually had a change from my original plan and am putting a BudBox Pro loft tent in, 2.4 x 1.2. Got 3 x PAR+480's when they went on sale a couple of weeks ago, bit much for the tent but will dial them down.

Extraction is going to be an 8", possibly Systemair Revolution Silenced which weill hopefully went out through a hole in the chimney stack. Although I'm not looking forward to that job

• Like 5

Good progress made over the weekend, mostly helped by my other half wanting a clear out.....

Underlay went down, then foil heating matts and then vinyl over the top. Hooked it up to my InkBird, set to 25 and came back 25 minutes later to a pleasantly toasty floor:

large.IMG_1456.JPG

Decided to crack on, next up was test fitting the water butt to make sure my measurements were correct:

large.IMG_1457.JPG

And then the tent went up:

large.IMG_1459.JPG

Lights in. Made the mistake of turning them on at 100%, even on the loest setting they are still brutally bright:

large.IMG_1461.JPGlarge.IMG_1460.JPG

Mounted the drives onto the wall:

large.IMG_1458.JPG

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Defo looks good, wish I had enough loft space to put my gear up!

How many plants are you planning on running, gettin' mad yields.