IceLine Tubing alternative

Chairman O The Bored

All,

Making up a dripper ring a la @GSZZ and @SYZYGY but having problems with the tubing:

I used some fairly thin vinyl tubing, which worked of a fashion, but one of the drippers im using (Hydro Halos) was definitely getting much less water than the others.

Its fairly jammed in there and i think, although not actually kinked, i think there is a degree of restriction going on that would be solved with stiffer tubing. I have ordered some "braided" stuff and will see if that is any better.

IceLine seems to be UK only (Im now in the US) but surely there is something similar between the thin vinyl and poly stuff and rigid.

Ta.

chair...

Edited by Chairman O The Bored

What about automotive silicone vaccum hose tubing? I've used it a few times with Blumats, it fairly cheap, very long lasting inate/nom toxic and comes in all kinds of diameters and colours. Its the purple stuff in the picture. 

large.PXL_20211213_170910410_compress70.jpg

Edited by MindSoup

thanks @MindSoup, i'll check that out :yep:

its a new setup and floor space is a bit of a premium after a potting up miscalculation. A combination of potting up to extend veg and US gallons being different in horticulture pot size (and don't get me on about trying to build things in inches and fractions!) has left limited floor space, so really flexible tubing was great, until it wasn't!  

And while im on about pots..... christ on a bike! I was used to having a cursory check around, but in general, getting pots from the site sponsors ( including the older ones) meant receiving sturdy, lasts for years good quality pots. Not here... first batch of pots, trays etc i got were effectively big yogurt pots! Really flimsy, throwaway, wasteful rubbish. Cant even remember getting anything close back home. I guess we are a nation of gardeners!

Off to Oregon this weekend, visiting couple of dispensarys etc while the chairwoman goes on a wine farm tour, so hopefully the setup is good enough to keep things ticking over till we get back!

chair...

• Like 1

Yeah it's food stuff, its flexible but it can bend a fair bit without pinching.

I used to work with one guy that did everything in inches and one that did it all in mm lol we we're always arguing over it, inches are just nonsense lol.  

Would love to be able to walk into a dispensary must be an amazing feeling. Mind you I've got about 10 strains in the cupboard so I'm not far off..

• Like 1

2 of the 8 don’t seem to be getting much of a feed even after a bit of a re jig this morning…. I’m at the airport now, so let’s see how things are when I get back Tuesday!!

I have filled a bucket with 20 litres of water and set the timer for 1 min on Sunday which just about drains it. The DIY draining saucers seem to work… 

fingers crossed!

will try that tubing when I get back