FlexiTanks - Opinions

J.C

Through some miscalculations, I might be forced into using a flexitank in my new loft space. I'd been hoping to use a solid plastic waterbutt but it looks like I'm going to struggle to get one the right size with the 50cm opening I have into the loft.

So, I've read some horror stories about them leaking all the water out etc but I'm hoping there are some other folk who have had plain sailing and might have some tips?

Cheers

• Like 1

@J.C I have a few of them which have been under constant use for 4 years without an issue but I recently gave one a really good scrubbing out with hot water and since then it started to leak.

IME its highly unlikely they will spring a leak if you dont move them but I would source a solid solution if possible.

If you google 'slim line water butt' you should find a 100l solid version that will fit through your loft hatch.:yep:

Just now, VRG said:

@J.C I have a few of them which have been under constant use for 4 years without an issue but I recently gave one a really good scrubbing out with hot water and since then it started to leak.

IME its highly unlikely they will spring a leak if you dont move them but I would source a solid solution if possible.

If you google 'slim line water butt' you should find a 100l solid version that will fit through your loft hatch.:yep:

Thanks mate, that's a bit more comforting. I had my eye on a few 100L slimlines but I think they might be too tall with a riser (I'm going to be using AutoPot system so needs to be higher than the trays)

I'm heading back up there tonight so will get the tape measure out and see what I can squeeze in

@J.C the flexi tank is the least of your worries re: leaks if your using smart-valves up there, ime.

I would suggest building a tray big enough to hold all 100l and lining it with pond liner(incase you get a stuck smart-valve).

Just now, VRG said:

@J.C the flexi tank is the least of your worries re: leaks if your using smart-valves up there, ime.

I would suggest building a tray big enough to hold all 100l and lining it with pond liner(incase you get a stuck smart-valve).

Yep fully agree. I've actually ended up buying a tent, was going to stick a few water sensors in there that can alert me via app if I get a leak. Plus put some trays in and hope for the best

1 minute ago, J.C said:

Yep fully agree. I've actually ended up buying a tent, was going to stick a few water sensors in there that can alert me via app if I get a leak. Plus put some trays in and hope for the best

I got one 250litre no issues mate if you going to buy one have a look at the white ones that go with iws pro it has on the holes and connects in the lid so you dont have to keep it unzipped a bit i was thinking upgrading to it oh ye i noticed with mine one problem when you put water in straight from tap causes condenstation on the sides end up with a little puddle you in a loft dont need that hope this helps mate