MrPharmacist

Hello there, First time poster, Beginner grower, (July 21) About to wrap up 3rd grow. Auto's in soil, 16 lt pots. All three grows used Biobizz nutes and i'm pretty happy with results. Nute's about to run out so for next grow considering trying a different brand. Any advice/suggestions? Also any thoughts on lower cost alternatives e.g. house plant/vegatable feeds with correct npk ratios, As they seem much cheaper than specific weed nutes, but the ones i've looked at don't seem to have the right npk's. Cheers.

• Like 1

Thanks, i'll look into salts, Dosen't have to be cheap though. It's just as I've been browsing local 'bargin/cheap' stores I've noticed loads of different House plant/vegetable feeds for a couple of quid a litre and wondered if any were suitable. Cheers

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, MrPharmacist said:

Thanks, i'll look into salts, Dosen't have to be cheap though. It's just as I've been browsing local 'bargin/cheap' stores I've noticed loads of different House plant/vegetable feeds for a couple of quid a litre and wondered if any were suitable. Cheers

Tomato feed.....but it will need a little adjustment :yep:

• Like 1
Just now, zen-ken said:

Tomato feed.....but it will need a little adjustment :yep:

Yeah, Most of the tomato feeds i've looked at seem to have high Phosphorus values. Cheers

I've always steered clear of the tomatoe feed type things, they're for tomatoes, a can of dog food still classes as food but you wouldn't eat it kinda thinking, I've used biobizz in past found it easy to use, currently using Advanced Nutrients hobby level kit but when that's gone I'll be checking out site sponsors offerings as I've seen plenty plenty of good grows on here using their stuff, but I also suspect the ongoing never ending search for the perfect nutes is just one of those "itches" I'll never be able to scratch, as is most of this weed growing malarkey :)

• Like 1

Cheapest canna specific feed I've found is Greenhouse seed co. Powder feeding range.

They do high quality mineral feeds and a bio range , I use the mineral given my water and it's fool proof , e.c's to exactly what it says it should at exactly the right dosage.

Bags last for absolutely ages too.

A mate used to rep for G.T who distribute the ghsc powders and according to him a lot of hydro stores wouldn't carry it because the quality Vs price renders a lot of feed unsellable in comparison according to folk in the trade.

:yinyang:

I've used the biobizz bottled nutes as well as the guanokalong dry amendments side by side in my tent and I'm having way better results with the dry stuff.. This is probably because I'm not using the bottle feeds well but either way, think I'll be sticking with dry amendments from now on.