PAR meter for LED recommendations

cypo74

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

@cypo74 are you also paying attention to wether its x10 or x100? Took me a minute to figure that one out lol

Thanks mate, could you explain what you mean by that please, new to all this light output stuff, i just went for something with a good spectrum that replaced a 600W Sodium :)

Cheers mate

@cypo74 i use maxibright leds 660w and ive taken measurements with a proper meter...

I have maxibright daylights which is basically the same light as the zeus pro and i also have a spot on meter here are some measurements 

With the light on full 100%  12" away  1050 umols   18" away  850 umols    30"  away  100%  500 umols

75%  12" away   850 umols     18" away 650 umols     30"  away  75%  420  umols

50%  12" away  650 umols     18" away  500 umols    30"  away  50%  350  umols

30"    12" away  410 umols      18" away 320 umols    30"  away  30%  250 umols   give or take a few umols eitherway

There seems to be no difference at 100% and the sun full on

• Like 1

Just now, ravsta said:

@cypo74 i use maxibright leds 660w and ive taken measurements with a proper meter...

I have maxibright daylights which is basically the same light as the zeus pro and i also have a spot on meter here are some measurements 

With the light on full 100%  12" away  1050 umols   18" away  850 umols    30"  away  100%  500 umols

75%  12" away   850 umols     18" away 650 umols     30"  away  75%  420  umols

50%  12" away  650 umols     18" away  500 umols    30"  away  50%  350  umols

30"    12" away  410 umols      18" away 320 umols    30"  away  30%  250 umols   give or take a few umols eitherway

There seems to be no difference at 100% and the sun full on

Thanks for that mate, gives me something to go on

35 minutes ago, cypo74 said:

Thanks mate, could you explain what you mean by that please, new to all this light output stuff, i just went for something with a good spectrum that replaced a 600W Sodium :)

Cheers mate

On the uni-t it will display 4 (I think) digits, once it gets above that it adds a x10 or a x100 symbol in the bottom corner.  When I first got it I didn't notice it went to x100 as well as x10 so it appeared that at a certain distance the readings dropped dramatically lol. I figured there was a chance you'd made a similar mistake.  

• Like 1

Just now, MindSoup said:

On the uni-t it will display 4 (I think) digits, once it gets above that it adds a x10 or a x100 symbol in the bottom corner.  When I first got it I didn't notice it went to x100 as well as x10 so it appeared that at a certain distance the readings dropped dramatically lol. I figured there was a chance you'd made a similar mistake.  

Cheers mate, i didnt notice that, ill check at lights on and see 

• Like 1