RVK WAC1

Goodbloke

I'm looking to use a 4" RVK fan as an intake. For seedling / early veg it'll be moving too much air, also don't want to build a silencer enclosure if I can avoid it 

Is the WAC1 controller still the device of choice to obtain speed options without any danger & no hum? 

Any cheaper options? By the time the controller & sacrificial extension lead are costed I'm half way to a 4" EC fan. 

Cheers in advance. 

The Ec fan will still need a controller (albeit they are cheaper than ones for ac fans) I can't think of any good way to slow them down cheaply tbh. 

• Like 1

Thanks @KCI already have an AC Infinity manual controller going spare (8 speed?) so it's just weighing up the cost of a 4" AC infinity fan to go with it, or do they all come with a manual controller as a minimum anyway, against making a suitable/safe/hum less controller for the Systemair. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goodbloke said:

do they all come with a manual controller as a minimum anyway

Yes they do 

I'd just buy an ac infinity, quieter at the same speed, more efficient, affordable to upgrade the controller etc and only a few extra notes.

• Like 1

The AC infinity 4" will come with a manual speed controller as standard, the other controllers are bought separately. price £89.95

If you have an RVK laying around spare the WAC1 controllers can be had around £30 the WAC1 produce no hum, I would advise against turning it down lower than 2, the RVK's go for about £60 in a 4".

Both similarly priced, both set-ups I personally own - The RVK's are known for their longevity - The AC Infinity fans supplied by our own site sponsor come with a 2 year warranty so if they fail in that time you'll get a replacement.

I have had my AC infinity about 18 months I think, I do get a bit of whine from the unit now and again but when I push the speed up and bring it back down again it disappears.

• Like 1