Some help with LED height and intensity

Gascan

6 minutes ago, stu914 said:

Can you explain these figures bud, is that .7ec on the scale with a starting point of 3.5ec?

If so they are starving!! Notice the red on the petioles...

If your water is around 3.5 then add nutes up to around 1.0 which is about right for DWC plants at this stage

ATM temps in the dwc buckets is ok, if room temps rise so will the buckets and it's only a couple of degrees before oxygen in the solution

is diminished which leads to root rot, rising room temps will also reduce humidity, your temps and humidity are fine where they are

providing they stay within a few degrees lights on and off.

I'm a bit fed up with hearing this notion that you have to increase room temps with leds...I call bullshit!!

Mine are 20 - 25c, mostly 23c and humidity around 50%...this is with leds...

large.SSCN1495.JPGlarge.SSCN1503.JPG

@stu914
Hi mate!

Thanks for input on this.

Yea the tap is 0,35ec. And then Ive added another 0,35-0,40 worth of Canna A+B. And then have around 0,75-0,80 ec total.

I used to do nft and ran it at ec 1,3 at this stage, but Ive seen many ppl swear to go much lower in DWC.  A bit confused here atm to be honest :)

Cheers

Edited by Gascan

11 minutes ago, Gascan said:

0,75-0,80 ec total.

There's the problem bud, leave everything else the same and just increase the nute strength, jack it up to 1.0 or 1.1 and see what they do.

If it rises dilute a bit, increase strength if it drops...I ran DWC for over ten years and 1.3 was about the max...:yep:

• Like 3

Just now, stu914 said:

There's the problem bud, leave everything else the same and just increase the nute strength, jack it up to 1.0 or 1.1 and see what they do.

If it rises dilute a bit, increase strength if it drops...I ran DWC for over ten years and 1.3 was about the max...:yep:

Sounds good, as I have two buckets, I’ll up the first, smaller one to 1.0 and see how it goes.

I will also raise the lamp to 18 inches and even out the bars as suggested by manufacturer.

I’ll leave it at 25% power atm.

1 hour ago, stu914 said:

I'm a bit fed up with hearing this notion that you have to increase room temps with leds...I call bullshit!!

I would normally agree Stu but the temperature is directly related to a lot of problems I see from too higher light intensity.

I have them right now as I cant be arsed to lower the power lol they will grow out it lol 

If your DLI is going north of 50 then your temps need be closer to 30c than 20c or you start getting what looks a little like Calcium issues. 

The OP running 24/7 with the temperature that low is the double whammy imo 

One thing we both agree on....... is give the poor girls something to eat :yep:

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, zen-ken said:

I would normally agree Stu but the temperature is directly related to a lot of problems I see from too higher light intensity.

I have them right now as I cant be arsed to lower the power lol they will grow out it lol 

If your DLI is going north of 50 then your temps need be closer to 30c than 20c or you start getting what looks a little like Calcium issues. 

The OP running 24/7 with the temperature that low is the double whammy imo 

One thing we both agree on....... is give the poor girls something to eat :yep:

Will do as suggested and get back to you what worked :)

Cheers!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gascan said:

Will do as suggested and get back to you what worked :)

Cheers!

Why 24 hrs a day with the light ? are they auto's ?

Be careful raising the floor temperature unless you can control the water temperature !

:yep: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zen-ken said:

I have them right now as I cant be arsed to lower the power

The other option is never mentioned...lower the power rather than increase the heat...especially with the price of leccy now.

I'm running at 350w rather than the 550 the lights are capable of, yield is still good as is quality...:yep:

• Like 5