Fastbuds cheese auto didn't get past 6 inches tall and started flowering without stretching at all...

slimm88

Ok, so I've just pulled a fastbuds auto cheese because it was just not worth wasting any more time on. It popped fine, grew fairly normal at first but had very small leaves compared to what I've grown before, like 2 inches long after nearly 3 weeks. Weird thing was, I started seeing pistils growing on the top and basically the start of a bud forming before any rapid veg growth or any stretch... it was about 5 inches tall and only had the 2, 3 finger leaves and 4, 5 finger ones when this happened. I'm chalking it down to just being a mutant because I've never seen this before. Has anyone had this same issue before? 

Yeh I always pop few more autos then I need,some herm some don't flower unless you hit 12h of dark,some are midgets,I just bin them if there is no space.

You had that problem before? Maybe you stunned it somehow,happened to me

• Like 3

I've had it happen several times.  My buddy has, too.   We call them "a joint on a stick."  I've let them finish and I've trashed them.  I did have one little bitty bastard that I let finish, that made one joint.  That one joint was pretty great, but definitely not worth the time investment. 

Edited by Cajafiesta
  • Like 1

Yeah i have had a few over the years , but i also find that any mutant tends to produce something special if you let it run :yep:     I dont cull any mutants for that reason.   

• Like 3

Ah not just me then, yeah it literally would've been a joint on a stick, that's a class name for it haha! I didn't do anything wrong tho, my environment is super stable, humid and warm like 65% and 26c so no issues there. Meh, I've popped a feminised alaskan purple from seedsman now, giving the paper towel method a go this time just so I can see that the seed is actually viable rather than impatiently waiting to see greenery lol. 

• Like 1

Yeah way too many variables to ascertain why it went mutant :yep:    I actually like the odd mutant just to see how if progresses and produces, had some blinding end product from freaky mutants !    I tend to give them more love than the healthy ones simply as i know how rewarding they can be :)   

• Like 3

Part of me wishes I didn't pull it because I've since had 3 seeds fail on me, this will be the 4th go, hence the paper towel method. Its mulch now tho lol next time ill keep it but in a tiny pot so I have room for another. 

1 hour ago, slimm88 said:

I've since had 3 seeds fail on me,

and

14 hours ago, slimm88 said:

Has anyone had this same issue before? 

yes I recently had issues with mutants and seeds failing to pop - watch that your not using high ec/hard/dirty water as it killed 4 of my seeds. I do believe that it caused a couple of mutations too. my tap water is at 0.7ec+, I changed to reverse osmosis water and got 3 sprouters in-a-row. just sayin.

P.S. they were Fastbuds too.

mystic

Edited by mysticriver
  • Like 1

Just popped straight in to the soil as normal, always done it that way... but one white widow started then just stopped and died. Nirvana northern lights auto which I've grown 3 times just hasn't done anything after 5 days, I've still got that one going but I'm not feeling positive about it. That's in the paper towel too now. I've just now added a couple more in as backup. Respect 4 gorilla fem by expert seeds, and another seedsman white widow fem. So there are 4 seeds in the towel now... gotta get one surely haha! Never had any germination issues but they are about 3 years old now so I expect them to take a bit longer. Been stored ok, not in the fridge but in a dry, dark place ambient temps. My water is moderately soft here in Wales so no issues there apart from the lack of calcium and magnesium throughout grows. I just think its a bout of bad luck... should have some luck this time fingers crossed. Appreciate all the feedback though lads!