Tap water PH10.3. Should I cry??

Forlornhope67

Returning after 2 yrs I have found my tap waters gone from 7 ish to over 10. Ec 0.5. Have calibrated meter numerous times so sure is correct.
Was previously using plant magic coco nutes with no problem but am wondering if hard water coco nutes are good enough to deal with such high ph or would my best idea be to just go with mud? Gonna have to spend either way so would appreciate bit of input. Thanks.

That is high :doh:

I know you said that the pH meter has been calibrated, 

but I'd be tempted to grab another(or pH strips from an aquarium shop) 

to double check. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Problem with the water supply maybe ? .....worth investigating further if you drink it !

Get your water board water report up and let's have a butchers....(obviously remove anything that comprises you, but it shouldn't contain anything like that)

:yep:

Edited by zen-ken
  • Like 1

Thanks ppl. Will definitely try different meter. Is only h+m 30 quid job. Been mucking about with it and will calibrate spot on to 7 but refuses to calibrate with ph buffer 4. Is weird enough to make me put my hand in my pocket to find out anyway!!   
Will look into Advanced Sensi if need to as like the idea of solving problem and saving the faffing about with acid.

Thanks again.

50 minutes ago, Forlornhope67 said:

Thanks ppl. Will definitely try different meter. Is only h+m 30 quid job. Been mucking about with it and will calibrate spot on to 7 but refuses to calibrate with ph buffer 4. Is weird enough to make me put my hand in my pocket to find out anyway!!   
Will look into Advanced Sensi if need to as like the idea of solving problem and saving the faffing about with acid.

Thanks again.

Ok mate just on note i got a blue lab soil ph pen  that does exactly the same ph 7 no ph4 i cant work it out but it reads true 

13 hours ago, stu914 said:

I use 'Advanced Sensi' nutes

Id be wary using Advanced, they got called out for using all kinds of junk in their nutes, bit of a shady company. 

• Like 1

@MindSoup

I've heard all sorts of negative shite about Advanced...as I've already said elsewhere, the proof of the pudding...

Over ten years using these and yet to get a yellow leaf, returning well in excess of 1gpw of prime bud...what's not to like?

meters need to be calibrated to two points, generally.

Your water is not 10.3. I am not even going to look up the maximum allowed, but i would be amazed if it is over 9.

Buy cheap drops as a failsafe.

4 minutes ago, Newcouch said:

I am not even going to look up the maximum allowed, but i would be amazed if it is over 9.

It's 6.5-9.5

• Like 1

It was a long time ago that I had the conversation, I was stood over a kilo that just seemed a bit suspect (we ended up giving it back to the supplier). From what I can remember some PGRs (plant growth regulators) make the bud way more carcinogenic. They're common in ornamental plant feeds and the plants grow really well with them, but they're not good for ingestion let alone to be smoked. Before the US legalised and there was no legislation I gather a few l brands where sneaking them into the canna nutes, advanced being one of the brands called out for it. They may well have cleaned up their act since then, but only because they got caught, they knew what they where doing and did it anyway so I personally wouldn't trust them/give them my money. 

By all means have a look for more reliable information, my half remembered ramblings are hardly convincing and as I say it was a while ago so I could have things a little mixed up.