Trimming tray

Fireblade899

Just buy a trimbin already. You’ll use it again and again and again. You’ll use it so much that it’ll cost .44p each harvest. :yep: 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/02/2022 at 11:52 AM, Vicfirth12 said:

Trimbins are awesome. Makes trimming a little tidier and you collect all the sift as you go. 

Never heard of a trimbin. Best go and do some Googling.

• Like 1

I'm a skinflint,  apparently,  I get a free trimbox every time I buy new boots, comes with a handy lid too, I put sheet of newspaper inside,  normally Soft Secerets, trim all my grow into box let it dry then depending on how adventurous I'm feeling it either goes on a screen for hash  thrown together from bay thing and quid shop stuff or in a roasting bag with some butter in a pan of water or in a honey blast tube thing. I've looked at the purpose made trimboxs and buddy box things, look good, can't get a definite micron size though, I'm not convinced that I need them though, shoe box has been my go to for years now, I've seen a couple of people on here use a shoebox over the £40-£50 purpose made things, I think they contain the mess better. 

• Like 2

Trim bin is well worth it, only used mine for 2 harvests but it's really comfortable to sit it on your knee or on the desk while in trim jail.

large.Holy-Grail-Kush3bbuds.jpg

It does a good job of containing your buds while you sort and trim them plus the hash it catches is absolutely top-shelf.

large.DiscoBiscuit-trimmed.jpg

I'm even thinking about one of those silicon canna brushes you can use to just brush off the sugar leaves. For me trimming is the worst time security-wise as it fooking reeks and takes ages to trim a tent full.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

takes ages to trim a tent full

You need a trim bag buddy :) 

I spend about 15-30mins destalking each plant (depending on size), just pulling off any leaf I don't want in my trim then about 30 seconds a plant to trim it. 

• Like 4

I have been using one of those Buddies boxes for a few years and it works pretty good. I wanted something bigger so I just bought a Trim Bin but haven't harvested yet so i will use it for the first time in a few weeks. 

At €80 it seemed kind of expensive for 2 plastic boxes with some screen but I think it will pay for itself with the kief I'm able to collect and will keep things cleaner while trimming.

On 14/03/2022 at 11:27 AM, KC said:

You need a trim bag buddy :) 

I spend about 15-30mins destalking each plant (depending on size), just pulling off any leaf I don't want in my trim then about 30 seconds a plant to trim it. 

Do you lose a lot of trichs with the bag? It looks like it would beat up the buds pretty bad. 

• Like 1

@B Rad I think you actually lose less. Not so much lose less but its still on the buds rather than on my fingers.

large.stilton4.jpg

This was done in a trim bag, you can see a few crows feet left but I think it does a wonderful job. The weed does have to be dry though. 

• Like 2

@Clumsy I haven't tried yet. There's not much to them to be fair. I suppose shoving the end of the vacuum cleaner in and maybe wiping down with a cloth when it needs it. I've probably put 30-40 oz through it and it's fine still. Not had it that long though.

It comes with oil for the zips. The rip off ones look pretty much the same and are half the price :g:

• Like 2

@KC that is a pretty clean trim job but I'll stick to hand trimming for now. 

To avoid losing trichs on my fingers I wear gloves then put them in the freezer when I'm done and just peel the finger hash off. 

• Like 2

@Herbal Kint The top one with the sugar leaves still on is Holy Grail Kush (DNA) the bottom one is UGORG Disco Biscuit.

The Kush was an absolute banger, out of a 10 pack she was the keeper and in a different league to the other seeds, cracking yield and really strong grapefruit terps - this strain seemed to be all over the place with 4+ Phenos though (one classic hash - short, one a berry flavour, one straight gas/fuel and the grapefruity keeper) but I'm glad I took a clone of this beauty. I'm a greedy twat and I've smoked it all now, didn't weigh it either but it was a good yield.

large.Holy-Grail-Kush-Day-41.jpglarge.Holy-Grail-Kush3-Hanging.jpg

• Like 3